Odd symptoms, possible heart problem?
Hello. I am an 18 year old male, and I've never had any major health concerns in the past. About two months ago I began having some odd symptoms that I think might have something to do with my heart, and I'm growing somewhat concerned. It started two months ago when I began having pain in my left leg, particularly around the ankle and foot area, after exsertion but I didn't think anything of in at the time. A few
days later something really wierd happened. I was running really hard and fast for about 20 mins straight. After a while, I developed a chest cramp, and was getting extreamely out of breath, but for some reason I ignored these things and continued running until I got so out of breath I felt like I was going to pass out and then I had to stop. When I finally stopped, my heart was pounding rapidly, but I didn't think anything of it because this is normal after heavy exertion. Then it did something really wierd, it went into a sort of hyperactive fit and it started beating so rapidly that it felt like it was out of controll, it was a really scary rapid beat. It went back to normal as quickly as it started. Immedietly after that I began having chest pain, shortness of breath and lightheadedness. Then that night really wierd symptoms developed, my feet started going numb, particularly my left foot, and I also keep getting these burning sensations in my feet, and also my feet and legs hurt when I walk. It feels like there's some kind of circulation problem. I've been experiencing these symptoms for the last two months. I'm also having mild chest pain, and dull aches around my shoulders and back. I've had two ECGs, I wore a 24 hour heart monitor and I've had chest x-rays, but everything returned with normal results. Is it possible I have some kind of undiagnosed heart problem? Any information you have on these odd symptoms would be great, Thank you.
An EKG or 24 monitoring may not be beneficial for a dx unless there was an event happening at the time of the test.  You have some very serious symptoms, and it shouldn't be dismissed.

A stress test may be helpful and an echo to view the dimensions of your heart chambers even though your chest x-ray was negative.  Also, an echo can detemine if there are any valve non-compliance, intra-chamber pressures as well as lung emboli (clots) or pulmonary artery thrombosis (blood clots).

Athough you are young, a heart condition, cardiovascular problem, etc. should not rule out any medical problem that requries treatment.

Thanks for sharing, and if you have any further questions or comments you sare invited to respond.  Take care, and I wish you well going forward,

Ken
Thank you for responding. I did have an echo and stress test appointment for about two months ago, but I cancelled them because at the time I thought my problem was nuerological, so I went to see a nuerologist instead. When the nuero test was also negative I became frusturated that I cancelled the other heart tests. Now it's difficult to resqedual them, it may take me a while. I hope my problem whatever it is isn't urgent. However the cardiologist told me he didn't need to see me again so I took that as a good sign, but now I'm worried again. Thank you for the advise, I will deffinatly try and rescedual the echo and stress test as soon as possible. Have you ever heard of a cardiovascular problem causing numbness/warm sensations in the feet? That's the symptom that's freaking me out the most.
Yes, I have heard of the problem, and it is oftened due to blood clots in one or both legs and it is medically termed peripheral artery disorder.  There can be pain, numbness, swelling of one leg or both and pain when walking.