Heart Disease Community
Oh No now what??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Oh No now what??

okay as some of you are aware my little man WAS suppose to get a pacemaker a couple of weeks ago, and you know the story, but here is the kicker.

once again I am going to SCREAM the hospital Chris had his cardiac cath and EP study at LOST his records ALL OF THEM now what. it might be a good thing then we can start FRESH!!!! it seems wierd that with the 100's of kids they see on a dialy basis his are the only ones lost? makes you wonder????

What can I do nothing. he needs to have a post op examine and they local cardiologist office won't schedule one until they get the paper work from this other hospital. he is suppose to have ne done in 3-4 weeks after the procedure which was on the 5th, however I am schedule for surgery on my back on the 3 and I can't drive for 2 weeks after nor can I lift anyhting over 10 pounds for 10 weeks.
I have called the surgeons office and asked if they can call his local cardiologist to talk to him so we can follow up, the doctor has to have the report so he know exactly what was done, everything was normal can they just say that he had one done and need to check his pulses like they told me they needed to do?
I am really hoping this is meant to be so we can start fresh. I have a copy of his first surgery as wel as his locla cardiologist.
I thoguht computers information can always be found, why can't they get Chris'
sorry to go on and on but I am mad, especially if he has to go through this again, NOT unless they put in a maker
michelle
Somebody took his file to review, and mislaid it or left it at home.  (I hope didn't go on vacation...)  When they find out who had reason to want to see it, they'll know who's responsible.

I can't imagine why it isn't on a server or some kind, although it would still probably be missing handwritten notes.

Good luck with this.  Don't let them off the hook; call every day and ask if they've found it yet.  Hospital records office, doctor's nurse, clinic clerk.
Hi Michelle,

I really think this is just a matter of a "misplaced" record.  It just makes no sense that a hospital would not have back up copies of test results, etc.  The results are often electronically signed so maybe it seems that the records would still be on the computer.  

Didn't the out of town doctor send an immediate report to Chris' local doctor??  SHEESH!!

I agree - be persistent.  Best/worst case scenario - a fresh look at the scenario.

connie
I have my record lost once when I attended an out-patient appointment.  All the patients have gone.  Well, I was still sitting there and waiting my name to be called?  Cleanner was there and the security officer was going to lock the door.....  A nurse took me to the emergency department and waited there.  She told me that my record has lost.  They're still looking around.

Finally, a doctor came to me.  He told me that my file has sent to Sydney.  Some doctors have a meeting down there and wanted to read my file.  He asked me what medication that I want then he handed a script for me.  
I don't know what is going on with it. you would think that they would have a back up since everything put into your hard drive can be recovered. I know they must have hand written notes somewhere. all I want right at the moment is for the surgeon's office to call his local cardiologist and tell them what they saw, or yet just tell them they did a Cath and EP study and he needs to have a foolow up and then I will take it from there.
he can't have a foolow up until he hears from boston. I can't believe another doctor "took" it is all on computer. all you have to do it pull it up and it is right there and you can read it no papers are taken.  every report is GONE..  I am sure this will solve it
michelle.
i have been keeping a folder of reports on my daughter since she was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 3 yrs ago.   her pcp makes copies of everything she gets from all of amber's specialists    that folder has come in handy... when we switched drs and started seeing specialist at the univ of mich i had every report, echo's, holter's etc...   this came in handy again on the day she had her ablation... i asked one of the drs if they were going to try to ablate on the left even with the mass on her mitral-aortic junction... he looked at the reports on computer and said that according to her latest cardiac mri she had no masses...   i laughed and told him she had had this mass since birth and i was pretty sure it hadn't disappeared, and brought out of my folder  three cardiac mri reports, and four echo reports dating back to her first echo when she was four!!! (she is 23 now)  since the measurements of this mass had not changed in eighteen years i felt pretty confident in telling him that his report was not correct    good luck with everything,,  dawn
I have a copy of All of Christopher's medical records, execpt this latest procedrue which was done on the 5th of June. his file is just about 5 inches think for a 4 year old. I have every hospital stay, speech eval school eval, regural and specialist reports. I have a file for his blood work/labs, echos/ and holters. pulmponologist and more.
I started to kep recordds due to the fact that he has so many speicalist and I was realizing that since going to these doctors they are not getting ALL of his records that I feel is important. like when he goes to te pulmonologist ans is referred by the cariologist, and the cardiologist sends no cardiac report man oh man that does come in handy.
I make sure to TRY to keep the latest cardia report since it usually ahs everyones basic report in it so when he goes to the ER, I can either give the ambulance crew the report or else just give it ot the doctor himself.

I have been waiting for htis particualr record since the day after he had it done and I called again yesterday and asked about it and they are now saying oh he got you rPCP got the report after just being told that ALL of his records are "gone" I asked when she said June 13 and I asked what does it say so she started to tell me and said that was last years. I said can you see anyhting else. told me about he past surgeries. I asked her if the doctor can call his primary caridologist and chat with him since I really need a follow up ASAP due tothe fact I am going in for some spinal surgery and won't e able to drive for several weeks.
I will see hwat the doctor says. then I asked her about all his records being gone agian she said yum yes they are. I asked How could you see what the doctor wrote last year if all of his records are "gone" WELL UM UM UM it is just his Or report.

Now I REALLY find something weird is gong on.

Dawn thaniks for the idea about getting copies. I ahve suggested this to many people also
michelle