Omega 3's exacerbate PVCs and other arrythmias

I've had PVCs for many years along with PSVT and I've always struggled with finding a reason why some days were worse than others.  Finally I'd had enough and decided to try an experiment.  Six months ago I began a workout regimen that included jogging for 3 miles every day and some moderate weight lifting.  After 3 months my PVCs had decreased in frequency but nonetheless were still there.

Thinking it may be diet-related I started a process of elimination to slowly see if I could reduce the frequency of the PVCs even further by following the diet espoused by Dean Ornish and Esselstyn.  At first I eliminated all meat ( though I did continue to eat salmon once a week), dairy and oil.  Within 2 months I had lost over 25lbs and my blood pressure was consistently in the 100/70 range coming down from my previous sedentary days of 130/90.  My LDL cholesterol was below 40 and I thought all was good.  I wasn't and still am not taking any medication though I was still taking an occasional fish oil pill thinking the heart benefits were well researched and everything was known about any and all adverse effects.

What I found next was surprising:  I suddenly stopped eating any fish, flax seeds as well as the fish oil capsules and suddenly my PVCs that were as predictable as the sunrise during exercise went away!  At first I thought it was a fluke so I went back to including these items one by one.  If I had flaxseed (2 tbsp) with my oatmeal in the morning I'd definitely have the occasional PVC during exercise the next day.  Same thing with the fish oil but the frequency and strength was much greater than with the ground flaxseed.  I searched on google for any articles discussing omega 3s and arrythmias and found one that indicated Afib can be exacerbated with omega 3 fish oil but it wasn't as conclusive for PVC/PAC/SVT.  

I'm curious if anyone else with arrythmias are taking omega 3 oils and if they found any pattern in their episodes.

thanks,
Hi and thanks for sharing. Studies done show controversial results, it states n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) provide cardiovascular protection and prevent arrhythmias. This has led to the recommendation by the American Heart Association that all adults eat fatty fish at least 2 times per week. The evidence base is not entirely consistent, and a number of randomized trials have failed to show a protective effect of n-3 PUFAs against arrhythmias. Regards.