Heart Disease Expert Forum
Open Heart Surgery and Rollercoasters

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Open Heart Surgery and Rollercoasters
As I've grown older and that most of my friends go on intense rollercoasters, I've wondered if it's safe for me to go on those rides. I've had two open heart surgeries in the past; the first one done when I was about a week old, and the other one when I was around two.
I wouldn't ride on those rollercoaster especially with a heart condition, even if is in the past you need to take care of your self, ask me i have ride on those crazy rollercoasters from six flags or other theme parks, and the drop feels like ur stomach goes to ur heart, and your heart feels like it drops, is a weird feeling...
I is somewhat difficult to answer this question with the provided information as it depends a bit on your condition. It sounds like you had surgical correction for some sort of congenital heart disease. If you are fully corrected, then it is likely fine for you to go on rollercoasters though this may not be the case if your correction required shunts, etc.  I would recommend that you discuss this with your doctor who knows your medical history.