Heart Disease Expert Forum
PAC's in pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PAC's in pregnancy

Im 32 weeks pregnant and two weeks ago my dr noticed in the baby's heartbeat what she called PAC's and they were quite frequent, every couple beats or so. WHat are PAC's and should I be worried? What if they don't go away before the baby is born?
Related Discussions
242509_tn?1196926198
They are early atrial contractions. They may be significant and associated with congenital heart disease, but they may not be. Generally they are well tolerated in children and adults. I would suggest a fetal echocardiogram to exclude the possibility of any congenital anomalies or malformations, and if negative then reassurance that it is generally an innocuous finding.
2 Comments
Blank
212161_tn?1410016711
i have lots pacs, not sure in a baby but my cardio says they are nothing , go on the pg form on here and ask if anyone on there has them, but your dr should know what to do.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank