PAT disease
my mum has PAT ,it mean her heart beat too much more than normal but not all the time ,she been using verapamil 180 but its not effextive any more and beating started to be irrigular too, what sort of pill she can have instead of verapamil?
is PAT ,shortage of calcuim in heart?
PAT is the same as PSVT. It's an electrical problem in the heart that causes the heart rate to jump suddenly to a high rate and then just as suddenly, drop back to normal. I've had it all my life. There are vagal maneuvers that work for some people (taking a breath and bearing down, splashing cold water on the face, some folks bend over at the waist). I've used the bearing down method for years and it worked fairly well.

The next step is to try medications. That's a trial and error method. Some meds work better for some folks than others. I could not use Verapamil; very bad side effects that put me in ER. Many doctors try beta blockers too.

Another choice if none of the above help is a catheter ablation. The doctor uses small catheters in the heart to find the electrical problem in there and then ablates (burns) the tiny area to stop the errant signals. There's a fairly good success rate with that.

Do you know if her arrhythmia has changed from PAT to something else like atrial fibrillation? You mentioned irregular and that's why I asked.