Heart Disease Expert Forum
PAT
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PAT

I'm 51, healty female, and I have been to the emergency room twice in 2 months due to PAT. My heart rate jumps to 160 and my BP spikes to 168/115. Labs are taken and the only thing they find is my potassium level drops to 2.6 and 3.0. I've never had high blood pressure before. After the first episode, my blood pressure is barely under control. I'm taking Lotensin as perscribed by my family dr. I've seen cardiologist who pass off the "heart palpatations" as normal and non life threatening. I get a different story from the ER doctors who say this can be very serious, possibly life threatening. Last night the ER doctors  were able to record the episode on ekg. I've seen 6 doctors in the past 2 months and no one has an answer to me. This is a freightening thing to go thru. I've had my heart race before but this PAT is nothing like i've experienced before.