PREGNANCY WITH CHF
I HAVE A QUESTION I NEWLEY PREGANT AFTER HAVING MY 3YR OLD FOLLOWED BY CHF AFTER CHILD BIRTH I JUST THOUGHT I WAS SHORT OF BREATH BECAUSE OF BEING PREGNANT BUT A WEEK AFTER I HAD HER I STILL HAD THE PROBLEMS WENT TO ER AND WAS INFORMED I HAD CHF AND THAT IF I DIDNT COME WHEN I DID I WOULDNT BE HERE TODAY. THE PROBLEMS IS THIS WAS NOT A PLANNED PREGNANCY AND IM NOT I MEAN NOT A BELEIVER IN ABORTION I KNOW THAT THEY TOLD ME I SHOULDNT GET PREGNANT AGAIN MY HUSBAND CONTIUE TO SAY HE WAS GOING TO GET FIXED BUT AS YOU KNOW HAS TAKEN HIS TIME. IM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD ABOARD THIS CHILD, I KNOW MY LIFE IS AT STAKE AND I HAVE TWO CHILDREN BUT THIS IS ALSO MINE WHAT IS THE LIKELY HOOD THAT I COULD HARM MYSELF IF I CONTINUE WITH THIS ALSO MY FAMILY HX MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY OF CHF AND MY FATHER HAD IT ALSO. I KNOW THAT YOUR PROBABLY SAYING WELL ITS OBVIOUS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE BUT I ALWAYS HAVE SAID I WOULD NEVER NEVER DO THAT TYPE OF THING UNLESS I GOT THERE BY SOMETHING OUT OF MY CONTROL SUCH AS RAPE ECT... PLEASE HELP
I too had CHF while pregnant and was told I could never have another baby that it would end in my death.  I developed super-imposed peeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome which went into pulmonary edema multi-symptom failure including congestive heart failure.  My baby was born 8 weeks early and I was in CCU for 5 days on a vent but now I am fine as is my baby.  

I don't believe in abortion and for no reason would have an abortion.  I believe that at any risk to myself that I was given the baby and it not up to me to kill it.  With this being said my advice would to keep the baby find a good cardiologist to follow your pregnancy and if any problems should arise they can handle it.  Actually the death rate of someone delievering a baby after Pregnangy induced CHF is small and has something to do with how you did after the CHF.  If you recovered well then your chances are very good. The changes for you to deliver a health full term baby is very good with your health intact also.

Only you can decide what is best for you and your family.  Good Luck to you and God Bless.
Exactly.  It is YOUR decision.  Get opinions from medical specialists as to the risks to you from continuing the pregnancy, and do some soul searching with your significant other as to whether you want to take the risks or not.  You have another child who needs you very much, too.  All factors must be taken into consideration.  It is a very personal decision that can ONLY be made by you and your spouse together.  
Always bear in mind that the opinions given here are given by people who are not living your life.  It's not difficult to armchair quarterback someone elses decision when it does not affect you personally.
Pregnancy induced CHF is called PPCM, Peripartumcardiomyopathy. You need to see a high risk OB and a cardio. I had PPCM 6 years ago and am still struggling with it. My EF is now 45%.

If you did have it before, it can reoccur. If your health and EF recovered in the 1st 6 months you have a good chance of not getting it again, but it's important to make sure you cover all your bases.

Please see your Doctor.
I have chf and  I just found out  that I am pregnant.
I do not want to have an abortion I dont believe in that.
My ejaction fraction is 45%  I want to keep this baby. need more information my heart docter took me off some medication. I do not believe in abortion
cheri
I have CHF and my EF is 40% I am about to get remarried and already have 3 kids but we want to have another baby. I was told by my cardiologist that I could not have a baby due to my condition. Is it possible for me to go to a high risk OB and be ok? Please help! Me and my soon to be hubby really want a baby of our own.
I'm 26 and I have chf. I was 23 when I had my son I was told that I needed to terminate my pregnancy because there was high risk for me or the baby or both. Back then my ef was 40% I could not come to grips with having an abortion. I had my son and we both were fine. Once again I'm 8 wks. and I'm faced with the same decision. My husband and I agreed to take it month by month.
hi i have a weak heart and have chf i am 6 weeks pregnant what should i do i go see my heart dr tomorrow any advice will i be ok i am scared
How did every thing go
So did you go on with the second pregnancy