Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVC Problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

PVC Problems

I'm 34 year old female.  I had an EPS study with cathether ablation done in Aug.99.  I had 7 multiple pathways.  My Doctor said I had a rare and probably congetial case. I started having horrible chest pains shortly after and they thought at first it was my asthma, then they me an event monitor to wear and found that my heart rate would still go to 160-190bpm and that I was having PVC's.  My Doctor says, that I had this secondary to the problem that he fixed and they became apparent after the ablation and to exercise since I still have abnormal tachicardia.  I never had pain with the fast heart rates before the abalation.  They put me on atnelol and it helps some, but I still have the PVC's with a vengence.  I have joint pain in my whole body and especially in my legs and my left arm.  In the mornings it can take me as long as 20 minutes to get out of bed and when I do the first hour is filled with pain and tingling sensations.  I have no energy, my heart feels tired and I am tired all the time.  I am usually a person who never sits down and I'm usually very active.  My back is fine and in alignment.  My husband says, he's noticed that I haven't bounced back since the ablation.  I wish I wouldn't have had the ablation but, could there be something else going on??  This just doesn't seem natural.

Dear Sheri,

Your medical history is complex.  Your symptoms may be secondary to the atenolol which may cuase fatigue, lethargy and depression.  I would discuss the possiblity of a drug intolerance with your physician.  there are other beta blockers that may be better tolerated.
I left something out.  
I have mitral valve regurgitation at a moderate level.
I forgot to mention that I have mitral valve regurg. moderate rate.
Dear Sheri,

This valvular disease could have progressed and cause these symptoms.  You should discuss this possibility with your cardiologist.