Heart Disease Community
PVC abnormal EKG readings panic disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

hi i'm 34 years old. i'm very slightly overweight. 160 pounds 5'6. i smoke a pack and a half a day for 15 years. i don't do drugs nor drink alcohol. i hardly ever exercise although i used to a lot years ago. i've been suffering from panic attacks for ten years. Last few years i've gotten panic and anxiety attacks under control but now they are back worse then ever. What triggered the panic attacks again was My aunt's death from cancer a month ago that started lots of stress and weird sensations in my chest. Fluttery feelings that last only a second at a time. Halter monitor showed "some pvcs and pacs no sustained runs". "no pauses or heart block". "non specific st-t wave changes were identified". 3 Ekgs in the last 2 weeks same findings. "minimal voltage criteria for LVH may be normal variant" and "non specific t-wave abnormality". I'm told be 3 doctors nothing to worry about but i can't help but worry.

1. How serious is "non-specific t-wave abnormality"
2. What if my Pvcs become more frequent is this dangerous?
3. i feel flutters in my chest during sex is this normal or should i not have sex and exercise?
4. what are the chances that these abnormal ekgs started after my aunts death and the trauma that followed for me psychologically?
5. Can panic disorder cause an EKG to show up as abnormal even though my heart may be normal?
6. How common are PVC's and "non specific t-wave abnormalities" ? is is something like only 5% of the population or more like 50 % percent of the population?
7. I was told by an ER doc that an "abilation" may be an option to stop PVCs . what if i dont do an abilation can PVCs eventually kill you? like sudden cardic death or something?
8. What are the chances that those flutter feelings that last only a second or so are not my actually my heart but something other such as upper digestive track spasms or something like that? or something like Vagus nerve being pressed or something
9. I've had EKGs in the past but never looked at the computer printout myself usually a doc would say there is nothing wrong and that would be it. What are the chances that even years ago when i took ekgs the computer still read those same findings "non-specific t-wave abnormalities" "minimal voltage criteria for LVH may be normal variant" etc. etc. or are these new? did they just start very recently? if they just started recently does this mean this is just the beginning and they will get worse?

excuse the million questions just can't seem to rest or go about my life not having these answers
This is what I've been told by a doctor. PVC's are not going to kill you. More people than you realize have these and live perfectly normal lives. As long as your heart is not enlarged and you've ruled out any blockage then you don't need to worry about them. I do understand! I started getting PVC's last month and got the EKG's, Stress Test, Nuclear Test and the Holter. The Nuclear Stress test showed no blockage or abnormalities so that was good. It still bothers me but I do notice that I get more of them when I'm under stress, dehydrated, had too little sleep and too much caffeine. Go ahead and rule out everything medically so that it can put your mind at ease. It may very well be stress related. I had been under a lot of stress this last year and I think that may have triggered mine. PVC's also do not cause Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Usually there is another underlying problem such as blockage when that happens. You are not alone. I hope this puts your mind at ease at least a little! Take care.
how about the EKG's that read "minimal voltage criteria for LVH" or one reads moderate voltage . that is scaring the daylights out of me. Docs say no big deal and that the EKG is not accurate.
thank you Arpil i really appreciate your help and advice i will post in the doctor forum as well to see if i can get more insight
Maybe you should request some more tests such as the regular stress test and the nuclear stress test. This might help put your mind at ease. The nuclear stress test shows images of the heart and they put a dye in your system to see if there's any blockage. The fact that you've had three doctors say you're ok is reassuring. Still if you're still worried by all means ask for more tests.
You asked how common are PVC's. I talked to someone who works in Cardiology and he said he has them too and that most of the population has them, just some people are able to feel them more than others.
Have you tried posting in the doctor forum? They can give you more of a professional oppinion. Hope you feel better soon.
The "minimal voltage criteria for LVH, may be normal variant" only means that you pressure was a little high than normal that day. LVH mean Left Ventricular Hypertrophy which in lamen terms mean you left ventricular wall has become more than 1.1 cm thick. Normal ranges show (0.6-0.9) cm thick. The only way to confirm this is by an echocardiogram or also known as a sonogram. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, probably the only reason the ECG machine picked it up is because you're pressure was a little high, which would cause a slight change in your voltage criteria around your left ventricle, in which case people with LVH actually have higher voltage in the LV because of the thickening. ECG's are only screening tools, not confirmatory tests. Don't sweat it.
Why in the Earth you bring back a topic from May ???????