Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVC during Sex
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

PVC during Sex

Posted By John on September 17, 1998 at 14:40:27:

Last night while having sex with my wife, I noticed a series of "skipped beats".  At first, I tried to ignore them, but they kept occurring, and soon were distracting enough to make me wanna stop what I was doing.  I was also a bit over-tired, and maybe that also played a factor.  I've been tested once before for these skipped beats(wearing a 24hr Holter Monitor), and everything was fine.  I've read enough to know that PVC's and PAC's are generally benign and nothing to worry about, but I still have a few questions:
1) Are they, or can they be dangerous during sex?  Is it the excitement that precipitates them?
And...
2) I know that stress, caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco can aggravate the problem, but no one has answered satisfactorily why.  All are of course stimulants, but that doesn't really answer it for me.   What is it that makes these things bring on the palpitations and skips?
Any more information on the cause and effect of stimulants and their relationship to the heart's electrical activity would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for this forum.