Heart Disease Community
PVCS and indigestion??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

PVCS and indigestion??

Hi all, just wanted to gather your views on indigestion possibly triggering pvcs. I always suffer from indigestion, have alot of stomach gases and acid reflux too. i think that the stomach problems seem to trigger PVCs, the reason i am saying this is because a few days ago i was very careless with my diet and ate everything that i know gives me bad indigestio(excluding chocolate and caffiene) the next day i noticed a definite increase in pvcs. i'm trying to figure out if this is just a coincidence or if there is a possible link here?? has anyone else noticed a possible link?
I've read on many websites that indigestion can cause PVCs.  Maybe you could try taking a PPI or some other heartburn medication and see if it helps?
thanks, do you remember any of the websites? i struggle taking meds such as antacids etc because after taking them for a while they cause too much stomach gases.
wow! so its not all in my head!! i'm also sure that my pvcs are triggered by indigestion but the only problem is i cannot seem to be able to control the indigestion!! i've tried various meds to control the acid reflux but they end up causing more stomach gases!Have you ever spoken to your docs about this link? my docs are not convinced and i find it sooooooo frustrating!!! just out of interest do you have svt too? i find when i have alot of indigestion i'm more likely to have an svt attack
I'm living proof.  I definitely notice an increase in my PACs (and occasionally PVCs) with indigestion and/or reflux.  PPI medications helped, until I developed a reaction to them, so now it's the cardboard diet when I get problems ;)
I am in the same boat too...Just noticed after I ate that excellent Christmas meal here they come.  Indigestion followed by PVC's/PAC's.  It so weird the connection between them.  But I am glad that it's not in my head either.  WOW! This site is GREAT...
I would like to know which meds there are, currently I take Protonix 40mg once daily and Reglan 10mg 3x daily.  But right now as I post I am feeling the PVC's because I just ate repeat of yesterdays dinner.
i've been surfing the net trying to find other people who find a connection between indigestion and pvcs and it is amazing how many people are in the same boat as us! in fact there are a couple of people who have successfully controlled the pvcs by taking indigestion meds!!
Hi brazzy, i'm getting heaps of missed beats at the moment, i've had some stomach bug and have been vomiting for past 2 days and i have alot of indigestion as a result!! I tried a few meds:lansoprazole, gaviscon and ranitiine/zantac. i actually find that the one that seems to work for me is ranitidine, i've been taking it for 2 weeks and before getting the stomach bug i was feeling pretty much free of all missed beat!! i could just be a coincidence but after trying the meds the missed beats dissapeared for the first time in 3 months.
did you have any luck with your meds??
I am 66 years old and have been suffering from the pvc and stv events for as long as I can remember. 15 years ago I had an EPS test done at a hospital in Philadelphia, that test involves putting wire into your heart to raise and lower your heart rate to estimate wether or not these events are life threatening. I also had some tests over the years, that it would be impossible for me to list all of them.
Now, I have survived everyone of these episodes, which I describe as a feeling that my heart stops for a moment and then starts, sometines it just feels like my pulse is faint and I feel a little breathless. It is almost always accompanied with a feeling of gas or indigestion and I usually drink a carbinated soda to help me belch.
I know intellectually that these are proven benign events, however, after all these years of surviving them, tests, and doctors telling me that I am not in danger, I still feel like I am on death's doorstep when it's happening.
I now have a cardiologists that wants to install a pacemaker on the strength of one event that occurred while I was on yet another halter monitor. He called it a "pause" which lasted 3.5 seconds. It's ironic that after all these years that I have descibed this feeling as if my heart starts and stops, they now seem to agree with me and want to put in a pacemaker.
I don't think so!
Rich
i have indigestion from zocor any help would be great-drifteer0213
PVC and indigestion are linked in my case.Its taken nearly 3 years in my case to narrow everthing down to severe indigestion and pvc,s.I suffered everyday for 2 years then it dissappeared for 12 months.Just had a bad chest infection and had to take hard antibiotics and guess what returned my pvc.I thing my indigestion is caused by low levels of good bacteria in the gut and the antibiotics depleted this level.Im on bioyogurts fruit and probiotic multivits thus increasing the levels and after a few weeks the problem has gone.