PVC's and Alcohol
I am a 21 year old, healthy, female. Three months ago I was on vacation with family and we were all drinking and having a good time on our boat. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night and my chest was feeling weird and I felt like I was "skipping beats". It scared me and I even considered going to the emergency room but decided against it. When I got home from vacation I made an appointment with a cardiologist who said I had very slight mitral valve regurgitation (MVR) and PVC which means I have a heart mumur I guess? My question is, how badly does alcohol effect PVC and MVR? Does the amount of alcohol you consume matter? I had never felt anything abnormal in my chest before that day, so did getting really drunk cause this? And to be frank, some of my friends are turning 21 in the upcoming weeks and I'm nervous to go out and party with them and drink because I'm scared my heart will act up and I'll have a heart attack or something. I'm also studying abroad in Ireland for a year, and while I'm no lush, I would like to be able to go out to the bars and drink.

Ever since that night on vacation I can feel the PVC's occasionally, and I haven't had alcohol since. I am also nervous to exercise. Before that incident I was working out 5 days a week but since then I've been timid to go to the gym because I'm scared my heart will act up.

It would be greatly appreciated if people could give me some advice and reassurance because even though my doctor said I can live 200 years with this type of thing, I still feel broken and get depressed about it.

Thanks,
Ali
I would get a second opinion.  If the second doctor agrees with the first, then you can relax, but you should really limit your alcohol intake regardless!  Life shouldn't be about how much you can drink.  If alcohol caused what happened to you, then something is not right, or else your heart problem is aggravated by alcohol.  Getting really drunk is dangerous and not attractive.  Don't be everyone's entertainment for the evening, or lose control of yourself, which is what being drunk causes.  You can go out and drink something non alcoholic and should still be able to have a good time.  If not, you have another problem to worry about.
PVCs are very common and benign in an otherwise healthy heart.

Alcohol is a trigger.

I've found as long as I drink in moderation my PVCs can be managed.

I've also found red wine to be the main culprit for me and stay away (might be the sulfides).    Beer, can't do without it.  Had 3 Blue Moons at a party today :-)  

I've been living with PVCs on and off for the last 22 years.