Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVC's and Pacemakers
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PVC's and Pacemakers

I am a 37 yr old female with a long cardiac history.  I was origianlly
  diagnosed with  Atrial Flutter, 2-1 conduction in the AV node and Sinus Tac.
  In June 1991 after eps studies I had an ablation of the AV node which was only
  partially successful in creating partial heart block.  I had a DDD pacemaker
  implanted and was still left with extreme tachycardia.  Resting heart rate of
  120-130.  I then travelled to Vancouver where the tried to ablate my sinus
  node with good success.  My resting heart rate is now about 75.  I have had
  a great problem with PVC's since having these ablations.  I am presently waiting
  to have my pacemaker and leads changed (early next week), both leads have cracks
  in them and battery is almost dead.  
  My question is, if I proceed with another ablation, and become completely
  pacemaker dependant, will this stop the PVC's?  I still have alot of arrythmias,
  and palpatations, which are real nucence.  I have been told that if I have
  another ablation, this would stop all of my problems.  Also, can the old leads
  be removed if I have further problems with bruising?  I am not comfortable
  having 4 leads in my ches.
  thank You for your help.