Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVC's and faintness
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

PVC's and faintness

Posted By Kathy on May 08, 1999 at 21:24:34
I have been having skipped beats for many years now. About 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse.  When I started experiencing more of them a year ago, I had another Thalium Stress Test  and wore an event monitor and was told I do not have MVP but I do  have PVC's.  My question is about the feeling of faintness.  Recently I have been feeling faint but not having PVC's at the same time.  My doctor said it is due to the PVC's but I'm not sure.  Do other people with PVC's experience this feeling that they are going to faint?  These two symptoms seem to be happening at different times.  Since the first few faint spells, I have been having more of them in times of stress so I think that is anxiety. But sometimes they come on all by themselves.  Would a Beta Blocker or an antidepressant help me?

Follow Ups:

Re: PVC's and faintness Annie 5/17/1999
(0)

Re: PVC's and faintness CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 5/10/1999
(2)

PVC's and faintness Kathy 5/10/1999
(1)

Re: PVC's and faintness CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 5/11/1999
(0)