Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVCs?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

PVCs?

Thank you for taking my question.

I have had skipped heart beats on and off for about 5 years. I
If the Holter shows no PVCs again and the echocardiogram is normal, is it safe to conclude these are just PVCs?

The holter should show what the rhythm is. If PVCs are causing your symptoms, you will see them on the holter. If you do not see PVCs on the holter, PVCs are not causing your symptoms. An even monitor might be a better way to flag the occurence of the symptoms.

Generally, if it is PVCs, and you have a normal cardiac workup, you most likely will not need to go to the ED each time you have symptoms. Work out a plan with your physician.  

Also, work on your fitness level and weight loss. You will feel better in the long run.
The last line was deleted on my orginal question. It was...

Do I really need to go to the ER every time the lorazapam doesn
If your echo comes back normal and you are told you have a normal heart.  Then no because the er wont be able to do anything  to stop the pvcs.  I have been there done that.  I mean if your getting them one right after the other yes.  However I had bigeminy.  Thats a normal beat pvc normal beat pvc in that fashion.  I had couplets and they just sent me home.  Told me if it kept up to get in touch with me ep dr.  That happened to me several times.
I've had these damned things since I was 13 and I'm now 65.  Every single day!!!  Have had the tests done, been to the ER when they were exceptionally bad and have a good Cardio guy (I think).  Everything checks out and the Thallium stress tests show a normal heart.  I have mild diabetes, moderate HBP, PVD, high cholesterol and other odd and assorted complaints.  Doc wants to put me on Beta blockers (says it will stop the PVC's and reduce the BP) but I'm refusing.  I'm so blasted medication sensitive that 1/4 of a 5 mg. Lisinopril tab (taken every morning for 4 days) drops my BP down to 113/32 (NOT a typo).  From doing my research and reading posts on different boards for PVC's, the Beta blockers are not something to be taken lightly.  Maybe someone here who takes them can comment, please??

Anyway, the PVC's are frightening and really do impact the quality of life ...........best thing I've found is to simply deal with them and take a low dose Valium (for the anxiety) when they get nasty.  These boards are a God-send though as just reading about the fact that many other folks are in the same boat helps to lessen the fear/anxiety.

Hang in there ------ it's not fun but CAN be dealt with!  God Bless!
Love your nickname!!

I have been on/off beta blockers for years.  Tried acebutolol, tenornim, Inderal and maybe one other...I forget : )

I have the same problem as you describe...YIKES!!  I am only taking 2.5 mg of lisinopril because 5 mg/day was making me feel wobbly and shaky.  Took about 1 week to adjust from the dizziness.  Back to the beta blocker --- The Inderal made me a bit sleepy, but other than that, it was OK.  Everyone is different, so you may find another BB is preferable.  One thing, it definitely helped the pvcs.  

connie
Weeks ago I had posted questions here when I had terrible PVCs that would wake me up at night. At that time my doctor doubled my dose of Inderal, which helped a bit but caused lots of side effects including memory problems and disturbed sleep. I tapered off the Inderal very slowly and amazingly, the PVCs nearly disappeared! I used to be very anxious, too, and that disappeared largely after going off all medications. I have had terrible dependence problems in the past with benzodiazepines (basically, anything that ends with a "-pam" is a benzo), which caused me to go on Inderal in the first place as a non-benzo anxiolytic. I have since concluded that any sedative or beta blocker used to suppress natural emotions such as fear or anger is just a temporary fix, and comes back to bite you with a vengeance (in my case PVCs). I would highly recommend a good therapist (you might have to go through several since they all have different styles and levels of competence IMHO). For those of us with anxiety-based PVCs I really think that sedatives are not the answer and only makes things worse in the long run. Obviously beta blockers are necessary for some people depending on their situation but I really recommend you discuss the emotional aspects with your doctor as an alternative to life-long sedation. Just wanted to share my experience in case it might help someone avoid the pharmaco-hell I have gone through for the past 10 years.
Thank you for your responses. I have found lately that deep "belly" breathing seems to put an end to my Palps. I only use a sedative when I can't control them through other means. I'm not a pill popper and hate taking any kind of medication. Maybe some of you who have PVCs could try this breathing. When you inhale push your tummy out. That lets the  air go deeper into your lungs instead of shallow breathing from the top of your chest. I do this for 5 to 10 minutes and it seems to help.

Jas
Hi everyone. I am 22 years old and have PVC's. I occasionally had em ( once a month ) until I got pregnant. I started having them all the time during pregnancy. The doctor told me that they would go away after delivery ..boy was he wrong. I do have them everyday but not as forceful. I was real anemic after my delivery from loss of blood and felt real crappy and my heart didn't feel as if it was beating right. I made an appointment with my primary care physician ( my husband is military and limited to who I can see and what can be done ) to see what was causing it and if I could have an echo to rule out anything. I had an echo done sept 12th and the woman who was doing my echo said that everyone had pvc's just some people are more sensitive to them than others...is this true? She also found that there was TRACE amount of tricuspid regurgitation and TRACE amount of aortic regurgitation..and also said that everyone has atleast two leaky valves..is this also true? Can this regurgitation be causing PVC's? I am having a stress test and another holter also next week. I worry everyday about this regurgitation, wether it will get worse or better im going crazy, and with a 2 month old..well you know. I told the doctor how much anxiety I have plus I think I have post partum depression...but no one will listen!! Thanks for letting me vent. Any input would greatly be appreciated!!!

JasJas ---- Have tried that and it doesn't work for me but thanks for the suggestion ----- maybe it'll help someone else (one never knows).   Have you decided to try a weight loss program?  I am now doing aerobics 3 times per week (40 minutes each time) and can honestly say that I feel better physically.  I don't have a weight problem at 5'2" and 115# but I have found that even this small amount of concentrated exercise keeps my weight where it belongs and I can indulge myself without any weight gain.  Doesn't help the PVC's, however......... ;o)  Please let us know how your second Holter and echocardiogram come out ..... your wise to push for these tests as it's your body and your mind needs to be satisfied with the results.

wxci --- As for the Valium -------- it doesn't help the PVC's one bit but it does calm me down enough so that I'm not up-tight and can go about my daily routine without being totally conscious of the skipped beats.  It used to be that when they kicked up I would go into "frozen" mode and concentrate on them, but not now.  My Doc 'scribes them for me because he knows that a script for 30 tabs will last me for a year the way I take them.

Momto3 ---- Am happy to hear that a Beta blocker will tend to reduce (or eliminate) the PVC's and just may decide to give that a try.  I don't stay on meds for long (maybe a few days) if they give me ANY side effects at all as I, like you, am just too medication sensitive.  Thank goodness my Doc recognizes this aspect and is trying his best to find something that will work for both the HBP and the PVC's.  I'm just leery of Beta blockers from everything I've been able to read on them (but then, I'm leery of any/all medications anyway).

pms_barbie --- I know what your saying about the ER being unable to do a thing except hook you up to the machines, do blood work and then send you home.  Actually, it was an ER nurse who suggested the Valium to me as she also has skipped beats.  

God Bless you all.............

First hello to everyone who suffers ..

I am a 42 year old woman who has had thyroid disease and asthma and I suffer from anxiety,  back in 2002I  developed
these "missed" beats , after echos and EKG's nothing showed , I quit smoking cold turkey because I was so afraid of these "missed beats " I was in the ER crying because then I felt like I had a lump in my throat and so on and the anxiety just spiraled .. FInally figuring out that I was Hyper now on the thyroid disease and not hypo anymore they treated me with "Atenolol" which didnt last because my asthma exacerbated .. now here we are 2 years later , my thyroid once again bordering on the high end of normal ( am on tapazole) and these palps are bad they came out of no where and the coffee I was drinking ( 4 - 5 cups ) gone...

I had a holter monitor 3 weeks ago and it showed double and tri PVC's ,but say they are not the 2 dangerous ones and they are finally treating me with "verapamil " and "Paxil" and I still have normal EKGS and a ultrasound , they saw these PVC's on the ultrasound and my bp is 125/80 my pulse is 78-84 , I actually ended up in the ER a few days ago because I had GERD so bad these PVC's didnt go away till the GERD subsided

1-will this ever go away ?
2-this only happens bad at night , I am not woken up but if I get up and try to sleep they start up
3-I heard that the thyroid can trigger these but can also have them when the thyroid is low
4-will this become dangerous ? I think this scares me the most
5-is it hereditary?

Thank you so much for your time

Also they said my EF was 65 which is good! Forgot to add that...thanks...
I decided to keep a "diary" of every time I had palpitations and try and figure out some triggers. The main thing that kept coming up was seven days before my menstrual period I would have them like clock work for two days and also if stomach was upset due to a viral "bug" coming on. These were the two main themes. One lady said on here that she had lived with them so long that when she didn't get them so started thinking that something was actually wrong with her heart. I tried this and whenever I got them I convinced myself that it meant my heart was in good shape instead of having the anxiety overwhelm me and just shut down.  After 3 months of doing this I get them slightly but when I do I just end up having one and say to myself this is normal and they seem to go away instead of panicking and throwing myself into a whole series of them. I know this probably won't work for most but just my experience. Take Care.
Well...today I was put on the 24 Holter Monitor for the second time....and.....I had 3 hours worth of palps....Yay!! I know that sounds strange. At least now they can finally tell me if they are benign or not.

I don't find seditives help the palps either but they sure do help calm me down when everything else fails. I took a seditive and had the palps for an additional 2 hours. My pulse was alright. At one point it went up to 110 but my resting pulse is 90 so that's not too much of a jump.

The wierd thing was that I felt fine today...then all of a sudden I get really light headed and felt like I was going to faint. Right out of the blue. This was an hour before the palps started. Fortunatly I was in the cardio clinic waiting room when I started to feel really bad. They hooked me up to an ecg and said they saw only pvcs. I said, "Get the 24 monitor on quick before they stop!". So hopefully this will be the end of the monitors. Just have an echocardiogram on Monday.

Btw, I tried the deep "belly" breathing today and it didn't help. I guess some days the palps will just do as they bloody well like no matter what we do.

Jas
I found your comment about getting lightheaded and feeling like you were going to faint just right out of the blue interesting because that is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago when these PVC's started to rear their ugly heads again.  I wasn't having any palps at the time I felt lightheaded so I wondered if it was some sort of panic attack.  I'm still getting the PVC's however they seem so different.  I feel them in my vagal area of the upper part of my stomach.  It just feels like a pause. I don't feel anything in my heart.  Has anyone felt pvc's like that before?  I wore the 24 hour moniter last week but of course my doctor hasn't called me back yet.  He makes me feel like a looser.
Jodie
Hi all...I posted a topic "heart flutters" not too long ago. Today I had an echo done and I am wearing a holter monitor. While the tech was doing the echo I heard him mention "tr" I asked him about it and he said it was quite common and nothing to worry about . I know he's just a tech and not a dr. and I shouldnt get myself all worked up over this but does anyone know exactly what "tr"is and is it something to worry about??? Thanks in advance...
Jodie,

I think the reason I felt light headed was due to a new medication I was taking for asthma. I'm also pretty sure the anxiety I felt due to the light headedness was what started my palps.

Regarding your Holter monitor results... It took 7 - 10 days for my doctor to get the results to my monitor test last week. If you are anxious then call your doctor. You need to be responsible for your health. Be proactive...maybe even a little pushy if you have to be. It's your body and you have a right to know what's going on.
My guess was trigeminy.  Thats an extra heart beat after every two normal beats.
If you think you're suffering from postpartum depression or anxiety, then please find the courage to tell your doctor or husband -- treatment and family support will make a HUGE difference. It's especially overwhelming to recover from a pregnancy while caring for an infant and going through a cardiac work-up.

Your aortic regurg may get better months later. Mine didn't, but I've adjusted to having to see a cardio. They're not so bad, and the brilliant ones have a funny -- albeit sometimes morbid -- sense of humor which keeps things light. Life's too short.

My son is almost 14 months old and thriving! What joy.

God bless,
Carolina

Hi Everyone,

I feel the pain and frustration of everyone that suffers with PVCs being a off and on again PVC sufferer myself.

Being a survivor of Hurricane Ivan that devastated our Island with sustained winds of above 155 mph with gusts recorded at 248 mph for over 16 hours, I realise that pvcs are a walk in the park to a frightening life threatening event, in fact since surviving this hurricane this is the less frequent my pvcs has been in my life, who knows maybe Hurricane Ivan blew them away also(just joking). Just Wishing everyone well.

Here are 2 quotes for PVCs sufferers that I learned since the hurricane and it is weather related, but might give some insight at dealing with PVCs.

(1) Square up your shoulders and hang on tight and smile at the stormy weather, we'll all be here when the storm is gone, no storm can last forever. (Note: unfortunately not all is here when the storm is gone, but I liked the quote anyway.)

(2) Some ships sail East and some sail West with the very same winds that blow, it's not the gail, but the set of sail that determine the way they go.

Take care and peace to all. Life is sweet , live it to fullest, you can be wipe out in a heartbeat and PVCs are very , very, rarely the cause.

Regards,

Hank.
I'm so glad to hear from you!!  Tried emailing right after the storm, but the email bounced back.  I'm glad to hear you are doing OK (and less palps is a bonus :))

Connie
I agree with Hank.  I really think people get obsessed about PVCs.  I have had them most of my life and have learned to accept them and not fear that anything is really wrong.  They are extremely unlikely to cause serious problems unless you have an acute coronary syndrome or runs of PVCs known as nonsustained ventricular tachycardia.  Yes, they may be uncomfortable but there are lots of things that are uncomfortable.  I happen to have severe osterarthritis of the knees and ankle ...that is far more debiiitating and uncomfortable than my PVCs.  When I look at the range of physical ailments I have and could have, PVCs are not disabling in the least unless I would obsess about them and let them bother me.  I choose to not let them bother me.
Hank and Kristin,

I love you comments and your quotes. Thank you for sharing your words with us. Reading your posts made me feel better.

Jas
I'm a grad student in physiology (26 years old)and I found out a few years ago that I get 1-2 PVC's a minute.  I sometimes have "PVC attacks" (periods when the PVCs are more frequent and sometimes comes in the form of bigeminy).  I've been taking note of what may cause these PVC attacks.  For me, alcohol and lots of stress seem to be the main stimulus.  I have done alot of reseach on PVCs.  For the most part, PVCs are a benign (harmless) situation.  I stress "for the most part" because if you have more than 6 PVCs, a serious problem may be present with your heart's arteries.  And if you have PVCs during exercise there many be cause for concern (the presence of blockage in the arteries of the heart (ischema)).  I am not a doctor, I just want to alert you to these potential problems if your doctor has not already caught it.  Now, to what causes PVCs?  By definition PVCs are contraction (squeezing) of the ventricle (bottom part of the heart) before the atria (top part of the heart) squeeze.  The electrical cells that stimulate your heart to squeeze normally are located in the top right right side of the heart.  During a normal situation the electrical cells fire and the heart squeezes blood from the top of the heart to the bottom of the heart.  Now, during a PVC the electrical cells (for some reason or another) are located in the bottom part of the heart.  And when they fire, the heart will contract from bottom to top.  The only problem this time is that no blood is being squeezed.  It is "ok" to have a few PVCs a minute, but when there is 6 or more times a PVC occurs in a minute problems will start to occur like light headedness (your brain requires oxygen constantly).  
I too hate the palps I feel from time to time (it keeps reminding me how mortal I really am).  You just have to live with them.  I am not on any medication (yet).  What I find that helps me during frequent palps is laying down.  I'm sure you don't want me to explain the physiology of it, but it does seem to work for me.  Laying down will not totally knock all my PVCs, but it does decrease the frequency.  I hope this helps!
It is my understanding that even nonsustained ventricular tachycardia in a normal, healthy heart poses little risk. Perhaps the doctor would like to comment on this?

Jas

It is my understanding that even some types of sustained VT(known as idiopathic normal heart VT) are rarely life threatening also. Maybe the doctor will answer your question and clarify this for you.

Regards.
Glad to hear you are okay after 'Ivan the Terrible' blew through.  I live in South FL and experienced two hurricanes in 3 weeks.  Never thought I'd see that day!  H Frances just took forever to go over us and Jeanne was a bit more stronger but went away faster.  Our sustained winds were not as fierce as Ivan's, but you're right, it is a scary ordeal.  Hope you and yours are doing well...

Thanks , I guess i don't have to tell you how scary an experience it can be, i think here in Grand Cayman we had sustained winds documented for over 165 with gusts up to 248 when the wind guage broke for over 12 hours none stop, a living nightmare, over 95% of the Island was damaged, but I'm grateful to be alive and still wouldn't change it for anywhere else to live in the world. Ivan was very unusual powerful hurricane, I think they are just finding out how powerful it really was , the area i live in was hit hardest, the eye crossed within 9 miles of my home right by the sea, but unbelievably my house sustained the less damage in that whole area, I am really blessed and very thankful to be alive and lucky as a whole to have such minimal damage when others lost everything.

Take care and I'm glad to hear you are fine also.
I have a quick question, I have just been told that I have ventricular bigeminy, after wearing a holter monitor for 24 hours.  Is ventricular bigeminy also know as PVC's, because my symptoms sound just like what the people that have PVC's are having.  Is the term PVC's used as a broad term?

Hi ,

Ventricular bigeminy is a PVC every other beat, so it is the same PVCs, but much more frequent, trigeminy is when every third beat is a PVC.

Are you aware of them or was they just discovered by accident(as they sometimes are when a patient is asymptomatic).

Bigeminy and trigeminy PVCs are almost always unifocal, meaning one focus is responsible for the PVCs rather than your PVCs being multiformed or multifocal occuring from more than one location or site in the ventricle.

Check with your doc and see what he says, this is just my understanding of PVCs, he might have alot more info to offer.

Good luck.

Just reread your comment, apparently you are aware of the PVCs as you said you had symptoms, being in bigeminy is no fun, it is along time since I been in bigeminy, but I remember the feeling, almost feels as if your heart is rolling over and over without any rhythm whatsoever, kinda sucks the wind out or takes your breath away.

Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Hankstar for your imput.  It was very helpful, I am just starting to learn about this.  Ventricular Bigeminy is such a strange feelilng, how long did you have it for?  Mine comes and goes in the day, and started about 3 weeks ago.  The only thing that I found that helps is if I go for a run.  When I return from my run my rythem is normal and I feel great for the rest of the day.  Isn't that wierd?
is there any diference between pacs and pvs other than what part of the heart they come from?

As you know pac occur as an early trigger(foci) in the atria and pvc occur as a early trigger(foci) in the ventricle, in pac there is usually a pause, but not a full compensatory pause such in a pvc, but it can be full in a pac or not full in pvc also depending.

Usually PVCs are more pronounced in feeling, but can be hard to tell without documentation on a ECG, there symptoms are basically the same, such a skip, thump,  pause or miss beat.

With pacs the ventricle usually have more blood to pump when the pac is a occuring , with pvc it is usuallyof much less volume and a detectable is usually not with a PVC, it can usually be detected with a pac, though it is slightly irregular.

They both are considered "benign" in the absence of structural heart disease, both can trigger PSVT(paroxsymal supraventricular tachycardia).

Pacs can be a forerunner of a-fib and PSVT, though pvcs even when symptomatic is rarely a forerunner v-fib though the trigger is in ventricle.

PVCs are more common and usually more symptomatic than pacs, for a few it is the other way around, but both can be totally asymptomatic in most persons.

Bottomline both PVCs and PACs are considered nothing more than a nuisance in a structurally normal heart, PVCs pose more of a threat to person with heart disease or certain cardiac syndromes.Like I said before pacs can be precursor to PSVT or a-fib.

They are both considered normal finding on a 24 hour holter monitor and depending on the quantity and symptoms associated, coping methods, reassurance, medication or ablation might be considered, mainly for symptomatic relief.

This is my understanding of PACs and PVCs, a qualified EP or cardiologist could provide you with much more insight regarding the difference between pacs and pvcs.

The third paragraph should read a detectable pulse is usually not felt with a PVC.
Hi Everyone:
What a Godsend.  did not even know this forum was out there.  this is my first time and i have been reading the previous comments and have already found some help in that there are lots of tips and that some one besides me is having the same problems.
i am 67 and have moderate aortic valve stenosis.  i have an excellent cardiologist and internist.  i have had the usual EKG's and echos and lab work ups.  i discovered two years ago i have PVC's while having an allergy to Ciprofloxin taken for a major hand infection.  have caught lots of PVC,s and PAC's on tracings. i am heavy and have lost some weight and exercise regularily and do distance speed walking 20K+ and do 4 miles/day regularly. I also have "mentation" in which i hear or feel my blood flow in my right year all of the time(bam bam bam). kind of like tinnitus but not that. my problem is that i try my best to control the night rythum changes which will wake me up with the sudden cessation and/or irregular beating as you all have. On occasion when i take an Diazapam or Lorazipan it will help but not lately.  it seems to occurr after a meal even if a light meal for diner and within about 4 hours.  i do not smoke and gave up wine (my french wife is ready to choke me) as precipating factors.  the PVC's seem to be increasing in spite of all the "correct things i do. not all of the time either.  i have a light diner now of salad and a fruit.  i am losing sleep when i "awaken with a start" from the irregularity and await for the next beat to make certain i am not dying and that my heart has not stopped.  my internist and cardiologist feel this is "normal" and not due to my aortic stenosis.  their comments are as you expect "live with it and try all of the tricks you can and take your pill."  i am ready to try a Beta blocker but am now a little "afraid" of all of the side effects balanced against maybe not even helping (i am also on a receptor blocker for my hypertension which is in excellent control for over a year.)  i am ready sometimes mentally to give it all up but am not certain any alternative is better.  I guess i am just "scared" and hope that maybe someone out there can "hold my hand" a little and maybe reassure me that one doesn't really die of this or of the lack of sleep.  bless you all

Be assured you are not alone with the struggle of PVCs. i take cozaar 50mg daily and atenolol 100mg daily in divided doses mainly 25mg of atenolol every 6 hours, i find it more effective that way in treating pvcs and my doc agrees with me. I am almost pvc free. I take the cozaar 50mg daily with the atenolol for ultimate blood pressure control, I also take diazepam 5mg(valium) twice daily and aspirin 325mg daily for ankylosing spondylitis, most other anti inflammatories don't work well with me, asprin 325mg sames to help along with valium which is an anti anxiety agent, but is also used to relax muscles( that is what i use it for).

Beta blockers are safe medications despite some of their unwanted side effects, but they are not for everyone, everyone is different and respond different,also beta blockers is the one line drugs that has proven effective in decreasing the mortality rates in persons who have suffered a heart attack, have heart disease, and now has shown a benefits in treating heart failure. Check with your doctor and if prescribed,you might want to give them a try, if you have asthma, beta blockers is not usually prescribed, if you decide to take them and suffer unwanted side effects, your doctor can advise you how to taper off them.

Good luck and try to get some sleep(I know they can keep you awake, the mind and body has a way of adjusting to a chronic problem, that is why person that have episodic PVCs such as myself have a problem sleeping with them also, if you had them for more than 3 months everyday you will find your mind and body adjust to feeling and sleeping becomes less of a problem)

One again take care and hope you feel better soon.
thanks, hank.  I got a holtor recently and it shows pac's and sinus tach.
You are correct, nonsustained vtach is not bad in normal healthy heart. I have nonsustained vtach so far recorded a 10 beat run of them, I have a normal healthy heart, I have had all the appropriate test the latest being a MRI of the heart to rule out possible causes, I have a great ef which is 70, they believe this is caused by my mvp but do to the fact my mv is in good shape they are not worried. They also believe I might have a sustatined vtach as well I keep a racing heart but have never caught it on the monitor,(it feels so differnat than the nsvt I get) So I now have a implanted reveal loop recorder so hopefully we will capture it, it could also be a svt but they want to be sure. But even a healthy heart can withstand a sustained vtach,  they are not too worried about that one either, but He said I should still go to er if it lasts longer than 30 seconds. Even though they tell me this I still worry.Do you have vtach?
wmac
If you don't eat or drink for four hours before going to bed and sleep with your head slightly elevated, that'll reduce acid reflux.  Acid reflux causes PVC.  I went from having them all day long to only having one or two per day, except when I eat carelessly, or exercise with a full stomach (even water can cause acid reflux).
I'm not sure if I have V Tach or not. I haven't gotten the results from my Holter Monitor yet. I experienced palps for about 2 hours while I was wearing it. It's a long wait here in Ontario, Canada. Our health system sucks! I should know more next week.

Anyone else live in Ontario? I'm disgusted in our medical system here. We don't have enough doctors or nurses and the waiting in the ER is hours...I mean like 10 hours.

Sorry..just a little venting.

When you say you have had 10 in a row...do you mean 10 PVCs? Are a string of PVCs called V Tach?

I haven't seen a cardioligist. My family doctor is taking care of the tests I've had ie)ecg, Holter, ECHO. I assume I would see a cardiologist if she thought there was a problem. Does one have to see a cardiologist if with a family doctors diagnosis of PVCs?

Jas