Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pacemaker Side Effects
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pacemaker Side Effects

I was previously an extremely active female and have been all my life.  I am 49 years old who has fought fatique for 5 years along with heart palpatations - after many tests, ended up with an EP study and ablation in Dec 08 - started feeling much better and was beginning to exercise again.  Had another palpatation in June 09 stuck an event montor on and showed pauses during sleep.  In July 09 inserted a dual chamber pace maker.  Immediately I have felt extreme fatigue again and low energy level.  I have contiuing headaches-daily.  I have been to the dr for 3 adjustments with no change in how I feel.  Although, 2 visits ago, immedately after an adjustment I have developed a slight tightening in my throat which causes me to cough.  This has been going on for 2 months now.  I felt a thumping in my pleft chest area since I have received the pace maker and the dr has indicated I am just feeling the pacing but just the last 4-5 days that symptom has subsided.  it appeared I would cough when the pacemaker was "working".  My doctor isn't convinced of the connection.  I have had a tightness in the check with a pain in the center that has come and gone.  My fatigue issue is back to square one and I think I feel worse after getting the pace maker than before.  Due to the palpatations re-occurring my dr wants to do another ablation.  Anyway, has anyone had the "thumps" in their chest and known cause?  The cough and slight tightening of their throat after getting a pace maker and known cause?  Feeling pretty frustrated and going to the dr in the am.  I have been diagnosed with SVT and sick sinus syndrome - the ablation and pace maker being the results.