Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Pain

My left arm is always sore and painful from my shoulder down to my wrist for a month and the middle of my back is always sore
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hey Reta 1040

It is hard for me to give you an accurate diagnosis with limited information over the internet but I can give you some general advice.
Left arm pain associated with back pain may occasionally signal heart disease but is more likely to be related to musculoskeletal issues.
A pain that is unrelated to exertion or a pain that is always present is not likely to be cardiovascular in origin.
Regardless, a pain that has been present for one month and is not getting better merits medical attention and evaluation.
I would suggest that you see your primary care physician so that he/she can assess your symptoms and make a determination of investigations/ treatments to plan the future course of action.
Hope that helps

I have heart disease and have 4 stents.... not a good candidate for surgery because of antithrombin III deficiency.  To complicate things more I have a back injury directly behind my heart inbetween the shoulder blades. I have mentioned this problem to my doctor but he just scratches his head. Its hard to get them to do much with my heart disease because surgery has been ruled out. I guess thats about all they know how to do. Anyhow I have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a new machine for that... I wake up choking from it... it does not let me exhale properly. They gave me a new one .... a bipap... same problem.  I wake up with numb hands alot sometimes up my arms too. Pressure is normal and I am on Crestor at the maximum dose, toprol xl, coumadin, plavix, hyzaar, aciphex, hay fever meds.  Also, for the last 6 months my Mean corpusle size has been high.  Other tests ok... so my doctor is not real concerned.  Anyhow, I am alittle concerned.  Do you folks have any ideas at Med whatever this is?