Pain after sternum removal
I had a 3-bypas on Oct. 26 followed a few days later by the removal of my sternum due to MRSA. I had a wound hole that was underminded 12 cm upward. It was about 6 cm deep. I had a vacpump for almost 5 months. That hole has now been pronounced cured by the Plastic Dr. I still have a chest high innie hole. I continue to experience severe pain from the lip of the wound to the distal end of my L breast. It's been 7 months since the surgery. Is this pain normal this long after surgery?
Ron,
My sternum was removed in 2007 and I still feel as if I am wearing a heavy metal six inch square plate. I had the whole vac pump experience before the sternectomy but healed fully while in a coma after the sternectomy.......lots of unusal feelings still today nut then again it is an unusual procedure with a high morbidity rate. I am glad you are still here as the alternative is not good.
I have sent you my contact info and while I get short of breath due to the abdominal flap I can be long winded at times
Keep Smilng
Greg