Pain around sternum Area after Bypass Surgery
I have had a beating heart bypass surgery 30 days back. Now just a few days back I have started getting a stinging pain around my heart area. Specially this pain occurs only after waking up from sleep of about 1 to 2 hours. It stays for about 5 minutes then reduces as  I walk around for a while. It feels like a biting muscular pain, but dont know if it is from the heart or the sternum area or muscles around. Please advice.
It is probable the pain is due to the healing process of the sternum and not unexpected for about 3 months duration.  Because it developed for a period subsequent to the CABG, it may have other implications.  You may want to consult with your doctor for peace of mind.
Had quad bypass 10 weeks ago - experienced all sorts of pin/needle pricks, sensitivity around chest/heart area, was told very normal feelings by cardiologist. My entire experience thru CABG was very positive and i wouldn't replace it for all the money in the world. (make positives out of every negative and get going) try not to focus on minor pain areas but instead on how blessed you are that you have another day to look forward to. "God Bless"
You are truly blessed and lucky.  I had a quadruple bypass beating heart in May 2009 at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Fl.  Two weeks later I suffered from a tamponade and had to be re-opened.  Then it seems all of my by-passes collapsed and I had to have them replaced with stints.  I now have 17 stints and get chest pain with both exertion and at rest (worse than before I started the surgeries).  

I won't undergo anymore procedures and am following a strict diet and moderate exercise program.  So count yourself lucky.

Good luck
I think this seems to be a typical procedure, where anything that looks like a blockage is stented. There is a tiny sensor available in all cath labs which gives a read out of pressure/flow rate as it's passed down each artery. This gives a good indication of how much each blockage is affecting the heart. I questioned my cardiologist in my last visit why this is hardly used, and the response was "time". Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but how can it take more time to pass a sensor down an artery, rather than insert 17 stents? You may have only needed 3 in reality.