Pain in both legs from knee down and swelling in feet and ankles right side the worse
i had a heart attack in 2008 was prescribed metprolol 25mg twice a day. i recently started back to work and sit for 10 hrs a day my legs and feet have started swelling and i have pain in both legs from the knee down. My right ankle is swelling the most. what is causing this?
I am surprised that after a HA metoprolol was the ONLY? med. prescribed.  Aren't you taking aspirin or any statin?

The problem is that to avoid further HA, you should have a relatively low BP (this is part of the metoprolol job) and if you stay long time with your legs hanging (like sitting in a chair) your blood accumulates in there.

Low dose aspirin can help a bit making your blood thinner but it does not matter what you do, 10 hours sit there are few post HA patients that can afford it.

My advise is to suppress salt intake (it makes you accumulate liquids) and try to schedule yourself in a way that you can walk a bit (even if it is just a short walk in the same building) every couple of hours.

Jesus