Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pain in chest above the left breast

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Pain in chest above the left breast
Please Help! I have had a pain in my chest area above my left breast for over 2 Years now. I have had a breast reduction thinking this would solve my problem BUT 1 year later the problem continues! It is tender to touch, I am not short of breath, and it hurts even if I am sitting down without strinuous movements. I am thinking there is a serious problem that is being over looked. If anyone can suggest anything please feel free! I believe there is some kind of blockage or clot. THX  
This pain does not appear to be cardiac in origin.  Typically, cardiac chest pain have a different character and don't go on for years.  I think you have some type of muscular or skeletal pain that may improve with physical therapy and some pain meds.
THX. It must be muscular because it is tender to touch. I have taken 800 mgs of ibuprophen and it doesn't ease the pain. I may have gotten use to it and need something else. However I have no health Ins. so I hope i find something that relieves the pain that's over the counter.
Try naprosyn but make sure you take it with food and follow bottle instructions carefully.  If taken in excess it may cause stomach problems.
A related discussion, angina due to 2 blocked veins was started.