Heart Disease Community
Pain in chest when turning head left
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in chest when turning head left

I recently had three very incredibley sharp pains in my chest about two months ago. They were like a vicegrip. I couldn't breath or do anything. I haven't had anymore since. Recently I have had pain in my chest whenever I turn my head to the left. The pain is in the same spot where I had the vicegrip feeling. It feels almost as if the vein in my neck and the pain in my chest when I turn my head left are connected. I do not know if these are early warning signs or if I am just worried. I mentioned to the pains in my chest to my doctor but he is focusing on my asthma and I just worry we may miss something very important.
Tags: Chest, Pain
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

I noticed you posted this a long time ago. How things with you now with the left chect pain?

I'm having exactly symtoms (symptoms) you described. In late July, I had three sharp pains in my left chest (felt like a sudden release of some sorf of chemicals with warmness spread acorss my body and nuasea followed with general weakness).

Since then, I have this left chest pain on and off and I can feel it when I turn my head to left or right. It feels like musle stretch. This deep dull pain cuase slight nuasea, burping and anxiety.

I had ECGs and stress test and all came back fine. I play tennis regularly 2 or 3 hrs each time competitively and do not feel the pain while I'm playing. I don't have short of breath or pain ib other part of my body.

Wondering if anyone know or you found a cause/cure for this annoying pain?

David
Blank
Has anyone gotten any help on this?
I have EXACTLY the same thing.
I could be in the middle of speaking to someone, jsut sitting there on a computer, etc...
And I I turn left ot turn my head left, I get a sudden sharp shooting pain through the center of my chest. It's usually brief and of course scare the hell out of me, but is it my heart?
It there something in my neck or spine causes a signal interruption to my heart ?

This is scarring me a great deal...
how did the two of you make out?
Blank
For a different situation I learn something that can be relevant to your problem...

After a large MI, every time that I walked in the gym I was OK, but when I was walking outdoor my left arm was numbed in about 20 minutes.

I told my cardiologist many times, after tests she assured that it was not heart related but it was always there ... finally she sent me to see a  Physiotherapy doctor.  I explain the problem to him, he took my arm and moved it gently to a position where my arm was numbed instantly. To confirm the diagnose he ordered a MRI of the neck and upper chest area.

Then I learn that:

1) Some people develop what it is called a "cervical rib" a sort of small rib out of a cervical vertebrae.

2) In the upper left chest, near of the left clavicle, we have a sort of "node" where multiple blood vessels and nerves cross.

3) A pressure, external or internal to that point can produce pain and or numbed chest/arm

In my case, the outdoor effort make me to use upper chest respiration, which moves the cervical rib against that particular node and produced my symptom.

Could this be an explanation to your symptoms?

Jesus
Blank
I get similar stabbing sensations, sometimes when turning my head left. I suspect a heart danger, rather than gas or ribs type issue. I get tacchychardia after minimal caffeine and sometimes sugar as well.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
Blank
skydnsr
612551_tn?1247839157
Blank
Jerry_NJ
NJ
Blank
Occupant
IL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Kimmy3000uk commented on I had no idea there w...
5 hrs ago
Blank
Bunsey01 commented on I had no idea there w...
Oct 20
Blank
karmagirl222 commented on Abdominal Aortic Aneu...
Oct 19
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979