Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pain in front left near shoulder

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Pain in front left near shoulder

Hi:
  I had a thallium stress test done and found that I had a blockage.  I saw a cardiologist who informed me that by what he views on the pictures from the thallium stress test and that I did remain on the treamill for 11 minutes (but had pain around 5 min) after getting on treadmill that I do have a small blockage in probably one artery.  He does not want to do an angiogram until I return from a vacation to Aruba and perhaps put a stent in at that time.  I seem to always have a gnawing pain about 2 inches down from my neck on front left.  He does not think that this could be cardiac affiliated where it is consistent.  Is there ever consistent pain associated with the heart or is it a muscle pull.
  Thanks,
  Joe

_

Dear Joe
Your symptoms sound concerning to me. If you were my patient, I would not let you go on any vacation until the angiogram was performed. No vacation is that important.
I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.
Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.