Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pain in front left near shoulder
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain in front left near shoulder

Hi:
  I had a thallium stress test done and found that I had a blockage.  I saw a cardiologist who informed me that by what he views on the pictures from the thallium stress test and that I did remain on the treamill for 11 minutes (but had pain around 5 min) after getting on treadmill that I do have a small blockage in probably one artery.  He does not want to do an angiogram until I return from a vacation to Aruba and perhaps put a stent in at that time.  I seem to always have a gnawing pain about 2 inches down from my neck on front left.  He does not think that this could be cardiac affiliated where it is consistent.  Is there ever consistent pain associated with the heart or is it a muscle pull.
  Thanks,
  Joe