Palpations
Im 23 years old and in the last 9 months i have bein experiencing heart palpations.I have had no lifestyle changes to cause them.I dont take caffine,cocaine,gave up the fags and was onlys smoking for 3 years anyhow,stoped drinking.I was refferred the my cardiologist and i had a 24 hour heart moniter,echocardiogram,chest x-ray,stress test and blood tests for thyroid,annemia etc.The cardiologist said my heart was perfect but i am experiencing them nearly once daily.I would describe mine as a premature heartbeat (Feels like a forceful beat and startels me).These palpatations have now brought on a form of anxiety causes im always worrying bout them.My GP thought the i mite of had anxiety and that it was bringing on these palpatations.But i reckon the palpations are causing the anxiety.These palpations are affecting my social life and working life and i was wondering if there is short term treatment for them or will i have to be on medication for the rest of my life?Is there any other causes of them and how are they treated
These are most likely PVCs (premature ventricular contractions)  which are part of the behavior of the normal human heart. The fact is that most of the general population experience PVCs every day...they just don't feel them. You would be hard pushed to find someone who never gets them.  So if you are only getting one a day you have less than the average person. Just to give you an idea of what is normal... Studies have shown that approximately 20% of the population has more than one per hour and about 5% have more than three hundred of these per day. I had them more than once a minute on average (1800 per day) which feels absolutely dreadful, However if you use the search tool on this forum you will find posts from many people with several thousand per day and people who have them every second beat.  Just remind yourself when you look at people around you that the majority of them are having many more of these per day. It's just that most people aren't sensitive enough to the sensation of their heart to feel them. They are completely normal and even if you had them several times every minute of the day they are harmless unless you have heart disease. Your tests have shown that you have a healthy heart so you really have nothing to worry about. I hope this helps.