Heart Disease Expert Forum
Palpitation Causes Cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Palpitation Causes Cough
Some of my palpitations have started causing me to cough as if someone knocked the breath out of me.  What makes this happen??
If the palpitations were due to a severe arrhythmia, then that could cause fluid build up in the lungs that could cause coughing. This would be very unlikely for mild palpitations though.
Lisa:

Several of us have posted the same general coughing reaction to PVCs (although some have indicated it is a more conscious act on their part to stop the PVCs).  Scroll down in this forum a bit and you will see a series of entries entitled "Exercise and PVCs."  I posted the question on coughing yesterday and there have been a few responses below.  Good luck.

Andy
Thanks Andy.  It's interesting (and comforting) to know that others with pvcs have this cough.  Mine is definitely automatic.  I have tried not to cough and can't suppress it.    Thanks again.
Lisa, I also have the PVC cough and have heard it is normal. I will be reading Andy's comments later in the list to see others reactions.
A related discussion, cough was started.
A related discussion, Arrhythmia causes me to cough was started.
A related discussion, Anyone have more information on this was started.