Heart Disease Expert Forum
Palpitation and low TSH?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Palpitation and low TSH?

I had palpitation suddenly when my son was 6.5 months old in Oct 99.  My GP ran a thyroid test for me and TSH 0.48, the rest normal.  I visited the endo in Nov 99 and TSH 0.05, still, the rest normal.  No antibodies were found.  The endo prescribed me INDREAL.  In Dec 99, I did the thyroid test again and TSH 0.1 and the rest still normal.  I visited another endo which didn't think I had thyroid problem.  But none of them could explain me why I had low TSH and palpitation!  Is it PPD?  Is it really not my thyroid?  Is there any way can ease my palpitation?  Pls advise!  Thanks.
Related Discussions
These two things are likely unrelated in your case.  

Continue the inderal as advised.
5 Comments
Blank
I used to be hyperthyroid for many years.  And now I am
suddenly very hypothyroid.  I am taking Eltroxin 100mg and
my hormone levels are normal now.  However, I have sank
on my TSH levels (level now 0.1).  I am pregnant now.

Will the low TSH levels affect my baby?
Blank
I used to have irregular palpitation ages ago but last weak ihad regular one and i am very wory please can you give me an answer.
Blank
I have a headache for the last seven months. I did every test immaginable to find out the reason. Lately I did a blood test and my TSH turned very low; 0.24. What that mean and are there any relation between low TSH and headache.
Blank
I am being treated for an overactive thyroid. All tests came back normal but TSH is .02  The doctor called this supressed TSH? Would that still cause some weakness in legs, shortness of breath & slow weight gain?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank