Palpitations after surgery

I had corrective surgery for congenital ASD when I was 19.  I am now 37 and having palpitations.  An echo showed an enlarged ventricle.  I also wore a holter monitor which showed some skipped beats which the doctor said was normal for someone with my history.  I am also scheduled to have a TEE in the near future.  Is there anything else I should do and what would cause the palpitations at this point in time?  I never had any symptoms before or since the surgery until about a year ago.  Is it possible for the heart patch to disappear?
_  
Dear Elizabeth,
Q:Is there anything else I should do and what would cause the palpitations at this point in time?
A: I have listed some general information about palpitations below that should answer your question.
Q: Is it possible for the heart patch to disappear?
A: No.
It is possible you are having PVC