Heart Disease Expert Forum
Palps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Palps

Just quickly, I am 54, have an on demand pacemaker and one stint, and two months past my RF ablation surgery.  I have been been VERY symptomatic when I go into (slow) afib. I have been doing much better since surgery. The last few day I have been having palpitations? missed and extra beats (about 10/min).  They are causing dizzyness, and fatigue.  I told my cardiologist that it is hard to function like this, especially going to work (when is technical work). I am taking ld aspirin and coumadin. I also take 320mg of betapace (sotalol). I called the cardiologist she says ' there is nothing we can do for you.'    I find this hard to believe, it has been 4 days now, if it doesn't improve, is it possible to cardiovert me back to sinus rythym? If it is a slim chance it will work couldn't I demand to try it anyway.  Thank you very much for your help. I am really at the end of my rope with these problems.
Tags: Betapace