Heart Disease Community
Petachiae... Endocarditis?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Petachiae... Endocarditis?

I have been suffering from an array of symptoms lately, the most recent being petachiae. My symptoms started about 3-4 weeks ago. I have been more tired than usually and Ive had a few
dizzy spells lasting on a few seconds though. I have had a couple of raised, red and tender areas on my toes that have now gone away for the most part. I have also developed little red pindot areas on my arms and hands. Theres not alot on my arms and i have noticed them in the past before. Two wks ago i noticed a red dot on my right palm, the next day it was smaller and faded to a brown color.. It is now barely visible. On sunday, I noticed a red dot on my left pain. It did the same thing and turned a brown color, it to is barely visible now. I have also been having hot flashes and a flushed face. My face feels very hot/burning, almost like it is wind burnt but it is not. Alot of these symptoms correlate with endocarditis and this has me very scared. I have checked my temperature quite a bit and it has been elevated at all and I havent had anything done recently that would put me at risk. I do have frequent heart palpitations but doctors have done test and told me my heart is fine.

Does anyone know what this sounds like? Do you think I should be worried about endocarditis? My main concern is the petachiae, if not endo then what could cause these tiny red dots??
ttt
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The petechiae may indicate a bleeding disorder. The causes for bleeding disorders are hemophilia, von willebrand's disease, immune disorders, leukemia, aplastic anemia and scurvy. It can also be due to liver disorders, certain medications like blood thinners and non steroidal anti inflammatory agents. I suggest you consult your doctor, who may do blood counts, bleeding and clotting time and a prothrombin time, to identify the cause for the petechia.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Unless you have risk factors for endocarditis, it's unlikely that you have that condition.  There are blood tests for bacterial endocarditis, however, that allow it to be ruled out.  
Thanks for the response!

It has now been over a month since I first started noticing these spots on my hands/feet. The 2 areas on my hand are gone and the places on my toe are barely visible. I have developed no other symptoms. Im guessing by now I would have developed some kind of other symptom? Atleast fever, right!?

I have a dentist appt. this week for a teeth cleaning and I am now extremely nervous about it, especially after this scare.
Also, could the petachiae be from gripping something tightly?? Both of the areas on my hand developed right after or a day after gripping something tightly.
If you're that worried, you should see a doctor.  Period.  That's the only way those fears can be put to rest.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Saul1935 is ...male,76,tempe,az memb... Comment
christopher007 commented on photo
May 25
LindaTX commented on photo
May 24