Plavix and aspirin
I had angioplasty in 2001 and had a stent implant.  My cardiologist prescribed Plavix and 81 mg aspirin daily among the other medications (beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, statin).  I have recently moved to a new city and have not found a new cardiologist yet but family physician suggested that Plavix could be discontinued as the guidelines have changed and no long recommended after 12 months post stent implant.

Suggestions please?
I had a heart attack in 2001 and had 3 stents implanted.  My internist and cardiologist both said I would be on Plavix for the rest of my life.  I tried taking aspirin with it and it caused me to have internal bleeding, so of course it was discontinued.  Now I would only take aspirin if I felt that I was having another heart attack.  The latest precaution about Plavix is to not take omeprazole with it (Prilosec, Prevacid or Nexium).  Hope that helps, but you really need a cardiologist.
I would definitely stay on Plavix until you find another Cardiologist, I have 6 DE Stents-plavix probably for life.