Plavix and aspiring combo
It's been almost year since my stent placement (99 percent blockage). Couple of months ago I started having problems with my ovaries - now I know they're hemorrhagic cysts (both sides). Menstrual cycles are heavy and irregular at this point. I take Plavix every other day. I think the cardiologist is going to stop the Plavix at my yearly visit.
Would you recommend stopping it now? I've seen a report that just came out in Nov. about the risks of taking Plavix and aspirin together.
I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  Aspirin plus plavix is the standard of care after getting a coronary stent.  If your stent is drug-eluting (to prevent stenosis) aspirin plus plavix for at least one year is the standard.  Some physicians prefer to use both drugs for over 1 year depending on the patient substrate.  Taking both drugs can slightly increase the risk of bleeding, but the benefit of preventing a clot in your new stent greatly outweights this bleeding risk in most patients.  Please do not stop either your aspirin or your plavix without a thorough discussion with your physician.

Best of luck.