Plavix or ?
In 2004 I had a heart attack, very mild but had two blockages of 90%. Stents put in and have been taking plavix ever since. Any alternatives?. I have not had any recurrence of angina or anything. Have had treadmills and echograms since with flying colors.
I had plavix and aspirin for a year after stent implant, and now only aspirin.  Both meds are anti-platelet agents, and many doctors go with both medication as they have different menchanisms for anti-clotting.  The plavix is prescribed as it considered  to be more effective against the formation of clots that appear to be a problem with drug eluding stents up to about a year.  After a year or so aspirin only (87mg), as there is a risk of excessive bleeding with both agents.  Why your doctor has you on plavix and not aspirin is not apparent.