Heart Disease Expert Forum
Please Help! Bothered by both numerous PVC's & chest discomfo...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Please Help! Bothered by both numerous PVC's & chest discomfort

I am a 55-year-old female with a neurological condition that has affected my organs.  I have a heart pacemaker due to slow rate in 2008.  Over the past several weeks, I have noticed an increase in the number of PVC's as well as chest discomfort at the same time.  One of many ER trips lately showed that every other beat was a PVC during that episode.  Should I be concerned? I have left conduction block and some heart muscle damage.  Also, today I had a particularly "bad" spell when my husband insted that I use my mother's oxygen for a few minutes at least and take baby aspirin.  I took two.  Once in the ER, he gave me 4.  If the pain is relieved by the aspirin, does this point to a cardiac problem?  I ask because I don't think my cardiologist is taking my pains seriously.  I am also on Midodrine (5 per day) to raise a very low blood pressure.  The doctor has mentioned and even prescribed several meds I seem to need, but side effects include lowering the BP.  Many thanks for your advice.
Tags: Chest pain & PVC's
1687176_tn?1321401609
Based on your medical history of conduction disease and now having symptoms of frequent PVCs associated with chest pain and shortness of breath, I would suggest making an appointment with your regular cardiologist/electrophysiologist to discuss your issues.  It is unclear what is going on - but to be safe, you should ensure that nothing serious is responsible for your symptoms and that additional testing is not warranted.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank