Heart Disease Community
Please Help! I don't know what else to do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I am a 25 year old female. About a month ago i woke up in the middle of the night and it felt like the breath was being sucked out of me and i felt very weak , dizzy , light limbs and like i was going to faint. I had a hard time getting a full breath and my husband rushed me to the ER. They did an EKG and took a urnine sample and sent me home with lorazapam saying i just had a panic attack. The next day i still felt weird so i made a doctors appt and they did every blood test possible. Everything came back normal. They came to the conclusion it must be anxiety but i still felt like it was something more so i got a second opionon. The second doctor ordered a D DIMER blood test thinking it could be a clot. The test came back positive so he ordered a chest x ray and a chest CT scan. The chest xray i had done that day and came back normal. That night i was rushed to the hospital again because i felt the same symptoms as before but this time had terrible chest pain and the sypmtoms were way worse. They hooked me up to a IV and did a EKG also they did the CT scan with the dye through my veins. Everything came back normal and even though i felt like death the only thing abnormal was my blood pressure was a little high but nothing bad and they said its because i was not feeling well and was panicked. I went to the doctors again after that a couple days later and told him my symptoms never go away and its disrupting my life. I cant excersie or even go hangout with freinds because i feel so sick all the time. Even just sitting around i feel like my heart is racing and i feel sick (light headed, feel faint , weak legs,tingling, lately had jaw spasms, sick to stomach and terrible upper back pain.) This is really hurting my life and relationships and i dont know what else to do. I am on prozac and lorazapam and nothing is working. My sypmtoms are worse than ever. I have a cardiologist appt at the end of the month but i am so scared i wont make it until then. I feel like i am going to die any day because they are missing something. I k nwo doctors can make mistakes they are only human and i dont fully trust busy ER doctors. I feel like they are over looking all my sympotms and just saying anxiety because of my young age. But i have known a few other people my age with heart conditions and diseases. Im so scared and just want my life back. Does anyone have any advice or does this sound familiar? I would really appreciate some input. Thank you
I had something very similar, but it only happened once. I woke up and felt like my lungs wouldn't work. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to take in any air. I honestly thought I was going to suffocate. After about a minute, I was suddenly able to take a breath again. I went to the hospital but they couldn't find anything wrong at all. It has never happened again, and I really have no idea what it was. I can only put it down to some form of sleep apnea.