Heart Disease Expert Forum
Please Help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Please Help!

I have been having dizziness, lightheadedness and brain fog for the past year, additional symptoms are heat intolerance, at times decreased appetite, fatique, muscle aches, light sensitivity, vision problems, exercise intolerance, shortness of breath, heaviness in chest, tremors, and occassional near syncope episodes where I get extremely hot, sweating from head to toe, extremely dizzy, nausea, palpitations and my arms and legs go limp. This will last for a few minutes and decreases. Afterwards I feel still dizzy but not as bad, hot and wiped out and will sleep for a few hours afterwards. The doctor said it was not my heart even though my heart rate ranged from 50-150's on 24 hour holter's monitor. thyroid, ana, anti dna, sed rate, cortisol levels normal, all lab work normal except epstein barr showed old contact, neg for early antibodies. The dizziness and brain fog is the hardest for me, especially when i am driving to work and have to pull over because I feel like I am going to pass out. I am starting to feel like I am a mental case. The heat seems to triger the dizziness and increased heart rate. My head constantly does not feel right. Recent ekg shows rsr with bbb in v3, did not show up in ekg months ago. Supine sbp in 80-90's, upright sbp 100-110's. Any advice, suggestions or possible causes would be so greatly appreciated!
It appears you have had quite an extensive cardiac work up and normal blood pressure response when standing.  The fogginess of the brain sensation is obviously a very non-specific finding, and in addition to your cardiac testing, you have had a litany of blood work which has been relatively normal.  Without any further information, I am not sure I can suggest any further testing.  I am assuming you had a blood glucose test at the time of feeling ill? Was this low or normal?
Have you had a tilt table test? I don't think I read that you have had one done, sorry it's still early and my brain is foggy =)

My problems were missed by several doctors from age 9 until I was 42.  A simple TTT showed many problems and issues with my ANS (autonomic nervous system) so if you haven't had one - it may be beneficial to have one.
My glucose has been normal. My doctor just ordered me a tilt table test, but my hospital which my insurance covers does not have one so I need to get it approved so I can go some where else. I recently talked to another doctor and he had suggested the ttt thinking it was an autonomic nervous system problem. He was thinking pots but I am not sure. My heart rate does increase to 120-140's when standing up and walking around a little bit but when I am standing still it bounces between 100-130's. I dont know. I am just hoping for some answers soon.
wonderful =) I know from my own experience ans issues can be difficult to dx just with bp/hr readings...don't be surprised if your ttt comes back normal - there are some whose test do that; no clue why though quirky systems or something

you may want to look in the dysautonomia community forum and see if there's a doctor near you that does more specific autonomic testing besides TTT - there's alot to be tested and you could always ask others where to get it done - just make sure the doctor/facility is covered by your insurance

with me, I was lucky I had the great luck with an EP who knew about ANS issues and a brand new state of the art heart hospital with TTT equipment had just been built when I had mine done =)  I ride a bp/hr rollercoaster daily even though I have neurocardiogenic syncope and orthostatic intolerance...I've got one of those "quirky" systems I'm told =)