Please advise. Inverted t wave meaning
Hi everyone.

In 2007 I had 2 echos done and EP study and numerous ecg monitors. I was always told that everything was ok and pvcs were benign. I was reassured a lot especially when I had the EP study done. Anyway in 2009 exactly 2 years later I had a panic attack and ended up in hospital there they did an ecg tracing they told me it was fine except for non specific t wave inversions in lead v1-3 only. I asked the consultant there and also went to see my own cardiologist he said not to worry it was sometimes seen in young adults ( I was 29 yrs old at the time) i decided since all tests were conducted 2 years prior that I should just take cardiologists advice and ignore the pvcs.  Now recently 3 years later I have had an increase in anxiety and the pvcs are back. I went to hospital where another ecg was done and told everything is fine just benign pvcs. Anyway before leaving i decided to ask if the t waves were still inverted the consultant said yes Bly in leads v1-3 and the trace was exactly the same as it was 3 years ago. He said not to worry and it is often seen in young adults. I'm 34 now hardly young!!!

Now when I read online there is a lot of bad things associated with t wave inversion. Could I developed serious heart disease in 2 years (2007 EP study and echo and then 2009 inverted t waves were first seen) I'm worried sick to the point that now I'm having alsorts of palpitations.

If I had some of the heart issues associated with inverted t waves wouldn't I have other symptoms? My only symptom is the dreaded ectopic beat. No swelling of ankles or feet no breathlessness or dizziness except when I'm hyperventilating and no fatigue. They listened to my heart and lungs and said they were clear and sounded very healthy.
If I did some how develop a heart disease in 2 years wouldn't the ecg done now, 3 years later have changed rather than stay exactly the same? Wouldn't there be other abnormalities seen in 3 years if I did have the beginnings of heart disease in 2009? Weird thing is when the inverted t waves were first seen in 2009 I was healthy as can be, hardly and palpitations at all!!
Hi, yes, if there is heart disease it would have been reflected in the ECG. Besides this sometimes ECHO and stress testing are needed to diagnose heart disorders. Isolated T wave inversion is non specific and can be due to causes like hyperventilation and anxiety. This is a normal variant. If it was due to other causes like coronary artery disease, there would have been other changes in the other leads, as this was absent, the T wave inversions are non specific. So, stop worrying. Regards.
Thank you so much for the reply it truly is appreciated!!!