Heart Disease Expert Forum
Please answer me! I think i'm having a heart attack

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hi i'm 24 and for the past month im having a huge problem. You see when i returned home from Cyprus i had for a week minor chest pains but they stopped. Then for a week i was fine but after that week it started again then stopped again. Now for the last days i don't sleep well and my left hand goes numb when i sleep or sometimes in random times. I scared as hell and now i'm really anxious. A few days ago i felt dizzy and threw up and had pain in my chest and back (i drank coffee that day) I went to a hospital to check my heart and they found nothing. Right now im up i slept 1 and a half hour and my arm got numb again i felt i wanted to throw up and my heart started beating fast. please help me im not sure what to do or what is going on. (we do have a record in the family with hear diseases)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is unlikely that these symptoms represent a heart attack, especially given your young age. With your heart racing, you could be having an arrhythmia that is causing dizziness, nausea, and chest discomfort. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see a doctor and wear a Holter monitor to look for an abnormal heart rhythm.
When in dought usually get checked out I to have anxiety a few heart problems I usually take a xanex and wait a few for it to kick in if I'm still in pain I go. Right now I'm actually debating on going my left arm I s tinglly I have a bad head ache and a lot of palps. But who knows when it really happens. There's now harm in getting checked out
Sorry didn't no this was expert forum