Heart Disease Expert Forum
Please answer
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Please answer

About 3 days ago my chest was hurting really bad on my left side, and then yesterday I was making some breakfast and my heart started racing really fast, then I could hardly breathe, then I started to feel very uncomfortable, I never had this feeling before, then as I was walking to my room to lay day I started to get light headed. And today it's doing it again. My heart is racing. And I'm only 18.
1687176 tn?1321401609
If you are experiencing an abrupt increase in your heart rate associated with symptoms (light-headedness, shortness of breath, etc), I would recommend seeing a physician for further evaluation.  There are a number of things that could be causing your symptoms - but given your young age, it is possible you are experiencing a supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).  Other possibilities include anxiety/panic attacks.  However, the best way to determine the cause (especially if it has happened more than once) is to have a holter monitor which can record your heart rate and rhythm over a period of 1-3 days.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now