Please anyone what is ishemia
No where can i find out what ischemia is i have small vessell ishemia wrong with my heart dr doesnt seem concerned but im scared to death an can get no info anyone out there please
Hello,looks like we are in the same boat!(medically speaking).
Cardiac ischemia is the term for a lack of blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle.
In my case after investigations of myocardial profusion scan and CT Angio,it means that some small blood vessels around my heart is somewhat"narrow".However they say I do not have CAD(Coronary disease)
You can be given some medicine to help to open the blood vessels a bit but they do give you headaches until your body gets used to them.it may also be a good idea to be on a statin(even if you dont have high chorlesterol).
Maybe have a CT 64 slice angiogram to have a good look inside your heart as well.
however you dont mention any symptoms?.If the heart doctor is not concerned and you feel fine,whats the issue?many people have mild ischemia.
hope this info helps.
bestwishes,
John.