Heart Disease Community
Pls help - 2D Echo results - Low LVEF 25%

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Below are  my 2D Echo results. Pls advice what should be my next step. Should i go for angiography?

Global Hypokinesia; LVEF 25%. Jerky septum (LBBB)
Normal right ventricular systolic function
Dilated left Ventricle (5.3/4.7 cm). High normal left Atrium
Mild eccentric MR.
Mild TR (PASP=24mm Hg)
Diastolic relaxation abnormality (A>E), E/E’ ~12, s/o LVEPD (~8~12mm Hg)
IVC normal in size, >50% collapse with inspiration, suggestive of normal RA pressure
No intracardiac clot/vegetation/pericardial effusion seen

I am an otherwise healthy person and can walk for 3-4 kms at a stretch without fatigue and never had a heart attack or chest pain. Pls advice.
Hypokinesis is an impairment of heart walls and as a result a lower than normal ejection fraction (normal is 50 to 70%).  Underlying cause can be high blood pressure.

Also, dilated Left Ventricle can also be the result of high blood pressure.  Also, the filling of blood phase is impaired due to wall stiffness.  That can also be related to high blood pressure.

Jerky septum.  Septum is the wall that separates the right and left side of the heart.  Along the septum are electrical pathways for impulses to pass into the ventricles to cause contractions.  LBBB indicates there may be a some occasional obstruction to block the impulse and that could cause an irregular and harmless missed beat, etc..

Thanks for sharing, and if you have any followup questions you are welcome to respond.  Take care.

Until they sort out the pressure and possible coronary artery disease, I would restrict your exercise. You really don't want the left ventricle enlarging any more.
Avatar n tn
my mother's 2D echo showed same report as rahul.My question is that Is it fatal to  her?  or it is harmless as you said above.our family doctor have recommended us to go for angiography .Is it curable with medicines ? Or will have to go for angioplasty? She has high blood pressure.
Easily become discomfort on the name of operation.Our family doc relying on Angiography report for further treatment.