Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pop in chest followed by a racing, hard heart beat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pop in chest followed by a racing, hard heart beat

I am a 32 year old female and four times in about the last ten years I have had an unusual occurrence. In the middle of my chest I feel a painful pop and then my heart proceeds to beat very hard and very fast. It beats so hard and fast that another person can visibly see my body bounce with every beat. The last occurrence this continue for roughly two hours before it stopped. My chest will hurt during the entire time and will be sore in that spot for days to follow. I am extremely tired and worn out for weeks to follow and experience numbness and swelling. I normally have regular, if not low heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.

Is this something to be concerned about?