Heart Disease Expert Forum
Positive EKG

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Positive EKG
There is a friend of mine with a positive EKG that shows that he is having an accute heart attack.  He has no chest pain and the catheterism showed that his heart is okay.....What can be a possible cause of this positive EKG?

Thanks...
The EKG readout in the machine is often wrong. However, some people do have heart attacks without symptoms so it is important that he seek medical assistance urgently to make sure this isn't the case.
Stress test, eco and other tests came out negative...Is there another possible cause for this kind of EKG result?????

Thanks...
As the doctor said, the EKG readout machine is often wrong so if the stress, echo, and other tests came out fine then your friend probably doesn't need to worry.  I had an EKG once said that I'd had a previous heart attack but a stress test showed that I'd never had a heart attack.

fSo chances are good that there's nothing wrong with your friend - just an inaccurate EKG.  

Best of luck!