Heart Disease Expert Forum
Possible aneurysm in neck?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible aneurysm in neck?

My question is:  Do you think I may have an aneurysm in my right  artery of my neck?

The pulse is VERY strong there , stronger than the left one.
One day , when I was pretty exhausted,  I could see the pulse, buldging in my neck;it measured about one inch from top to bottom.  I felt it with my finger as a solid place pulsing.
I have not had this experience but once.
I do not have a history of heart trouble.  I am a cancer patient in remission. (breast cancer)
Thanks you in advance for answering this.   Seven
Related Discussions
239757_tn?1213813182
seve,

Its mpossible to say without a physical exam and other imaging if indicated.  See your doctor.

sorry I cant be of more help, the internet hasn't quite evolved to that level just yet!

good luck
3 Comments
Blank
hey thanks for this site...but cant you give atleast a better explanation about this..
Blank
239757_tn?1213813182
We answer all questions to the best of our ability with the information provided.

To provide an answer to this question:

"Do you think I may have an aneurysm in my right artery of my neck?"

Would entail a physical examination. While many can feel a strong pulse in the neck, to provide an answer without making a strong recommendation to see your doctor would be a disservice on our part.

If the poster sees thier physician and states that they were examined, or has disparate laboroatory or radiologic data, then it would be easier to interpret.

sorry, but the brevity doesnt necessarily mean a dismissal of the question.

good luck all
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now