Heart Disease Community
Possible angina or pulled muscle? Please help!

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hey im 17 year old male and I have anxiety. I was playing intense basketball last night that had me doing some quick and rapid arm movements. Later after I got home about 20 to 30 minutes later, my left arm was extremely sore and burning pain from my shoulder down to my elbow and it was only my left arm. Kinda felt like i might of over extended it. And it kinda felt like the pain came from inside the arm. It feels like iv felt that same pain before but it worried me for some reason. I had no chest pain or shortness of breath or chest tightness and anything like that just that arm pain. And I was wondering could it be angina? I have no Fam history of heart problems and iv had an EKG done last year and results came back fine. This morning I woke up and I sti have a little bit of soreness and pain. Is this angina or simply a pulled muscle? Thank you!
It sounds like a pulled muscle to me, but like everyone else on here, I am not a doctor. Try considering taking something like Motrin (which is a muscle relaxing drug) and see if the pain subsides. If it does, it is more than likely muscle related. If the pain persisits, see your doctor about it, especially if you continue to worry about it. Blocked arteries are the number one cause of heart related pain, you are too young for clogged arteries. Cardiomyopathies also are a cause for pain, however, once it reaches the pain level, there is usually significant damage done and it would be hard for you to play sports; you would have pain every time you tried to play. See a doctor if this continues.
Are u kidding me??? Angina at 17 yrs age.....u think too much dude.....itz more than normal to get pains after playing sports....itz nothing unusal.....it makes me laugh ...wat angina.....in order to get angina a person needs to have hypertension, cholestrol, spasm, drug abuse, these kinda things........
but itz best to get assurance from a doctro !!
Try not to be so critical of this young man. You sent a list of causes for chest pain; you forgot two: Cardiomyopathies and Congenital Heart Disease. My daughter had severe chest pains from the age of 12, even had a heart attack! At 17, she could barely make it across the room without having chest pain! As I said, try not to be so critical.