Heart Disease Expert Forum
Post Ablation

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Post Ablation

My afib is worse since I had an ablation six weeks ago. Before the ablation I might go into afib once a week for a hour or two but no more. In the six weeks since, my heart has been in  rhythm maybe 7 days total. I'm taking
amiodarone 200mg, cardizem 180mg and 7mg of warfarin. I was not taking anything before the ablation. My question is have I made a big mistake and messed up my heart. Have I damaged my heart. I might add that during the ablation my heart would not go into afib so the doctor ablated the upper left part of the heart. The doctor tells me that when the scar tissue forms that I will be better, but at this point I would take my old heart
It is a little too early to know how things will go in the long term after your ablation. Sometimes inflammation from the ablated tissue can precipitate afib episodes that quiets down after the tissue scars. We often reserve judgement about the success of the ablation until 3 months after the procedure. There are instances where the ablation and the scar tissue it creates can produce atrial arrythmias though this is not that common. I would recommend discussing this further with your electrophysiologist. Good luck. I hope this helps.