Post-Operative symptoms
My husband is 52 years old and has recently undergone double bypass surgery. He is now on his fourth week of recovery and was told in the hospital that they accidentally knicked his pluris during surgery. He experiences bouts of pain on the right side of his chest and we were concerned that thsi may be an effect of this. Can someone tell me if it is normal for him to be experienceing acute pain on his right side? He has good days and bad and when can he expect to be feeling relatively manageable pain amounts?

thanks for your help! :)
If your husband is still experiencing symptoms that have persisted following open heart surgery, I would advise you to have him followed up by his surgeon or cardiologist to ensure that there is not anything concerning going on. While it is normal to have some post-operative discomfort related to the surgical procedure, any symptoms that have persisted this long or are new/worsening would best be served with a physical examination by a physician.
I had a triple bypass in 2007, aged just 46. I can tell you that after 4 weeks I was in a LOT of discomfort. It wasn't until three months that the pains started to become bearable. Every day for those three months I wished I had never had the surgery. Even getting in and out of bed was agonising, causing me to feel nauseous and sweat with the pains. After three months I was able to do gentle exercises, such as gentle chest stretching etc and this seemed to speed things up a bit. After exactly 12 months, there was no more pains.