Heart Disease Expert Forum
Post PCI BP very low

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Post PCI BP very low

My wife recently had 3 consecutive procedures within a 3 week scan where 3 stents were placed into her left artery.  The last time she had been in the hospital 5 days before her enzyme levels showed an increase and that is when the last stents were paced.  Since that time her BP has been very low.  80/60 and lower.  She was on blood pressure prior to these procedures because she had very high BP(140/80 and higher when she had no meds).  She was on Capoten 100mgss a day.  Now she takes no BP medicine because her BP for the last 3 weks has been so low.  Is this normal after stent placement or in someone who has a very long history of CAD?  She has had multiple stents prior to these procedures, 3x CABG, is diabetic for 30 years, former smoker.  
You mention that during the last of these episodes she leaked some enzymes, so I am assuming that she has a heart attack. It may be that her heart was damaged during this last event and now cannot generate the pressures it did priori to the event. Or it could be that she developed renal dysfunction and that the blood pressure pills are not as quickly cleared from her system as before, and so in accumulating have further decreased her blood pressure.
An uneventful stent placement usually does not have this result, and you should enquire of your cardiologist about the above mentioned issues. In particular ask what her ejection fraction is, because if low this can certainly cause a decrease in blood pressure.
I should mention she does or did spill some protein in her urine but her blood tests for creatinie and bun are great.
Her EF was 50.  Her bloods for her kidneys were perfect so no renal dysfunction.