Post Stenting Effects
My wife just underwent angioplasty for a 95% artery block and has been diagnosed with Angina .  The surgeon placed a drug coated stent at the site of the blockage.  Tests done during this procedure indicated no other blockage was present and no heart damage. However the surgeon did say that her other arterial spaces appeared "lumpy and bumpy" but, not blocked.  Since this procedure, my wife still feels a slight tightness in her chest.  She became winded just going up one flight of stairs.  In addition, she has experienced some bouts of lethargy, which is totally uncharacteristic.  She has said that she feels something "just isn't right".

Can you provide any insight or reason for these symptoms.  I was under the impression that the angioplasty would have entirely eliminated the post procedure symptoms.  Her angioplasty was done a week ago.  Many thanks for any insight you're able to provide.

I'm sorry you folks have heart issues.  I've had quite a few angioplaty procedures and stents, and have always experienced some chest discomfort for about a week after the procedures, but it's minor, and almost always have had less breathlessness and angina.  There was an exception, when the doctor reported that I had a tortuous (twisted) RCA and there were three areas where blood was 'percolating' but the blockages were about 50%, less than what insurance would allow for stents to be inserted.  Within a month, I experienced breathlessness and angina and those areas had clots, more stents were placed in the artery.  
The fact that she feels 'something just isn't right' is significant along with her other symptoms.  A couple of questions:  was she taking medications before the stenting procedure?  Beta Blockers often cause symptoms that are similar to what she is reporting, and it takes awhile for the body to get used to them.  That being said, she certainly could have new blockages, they occur very quickly, or restinosis (a plugged stent).  Is she taking Plavix and 81mg aspirin?

These are concepts that I'd talk to your doctor about, and do talk to him/her.  Best wishes and do keep us informed.