Heart Disease Expert Forum
Post angina pain followup
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post angina pain followup

My father had severe chest pains about three weeks ago and ended up in the hospital whereas they indicated to him that although his bypass grafts were not the problem (he had bypass surgery 9 years ago) the small vessels on the heart were the source of his angina pain.  They kept him in the hospital approx three days and sent him home with a nitro path with instructions to follow up with his cardiologist in one week.  However he did not make the week as he once again experienced the chest pains and the indicated 3 nitrostats did not alleviate the problem and was once again rushed to a different hospital which was closer. After their evaluation and a stay of approx 4 days they indicated to him that the nitro patch was not the best plan of attack and they put him on three drugs. 1. Attenanol,a beta blocker(2)Indor, for dialation, and a blood thinner which the name evades me.  It's been a week and the only problem is that he tells me that he is experiencing like a slight burning in his stomach like an acid dump and he's not sure but maybe one angina pain.1 on a scale from one to ten which lasted about 3 minutes and resolved itself.  Question: do you think that this medication is an irritant to the stomach? Could this be anxiety?, and based on all the different opinions of many doctors in these two hospitals I took him to. Is there a doctor at Cleveland Clinic that can evaluate or at least look at his medical file for I would like to know if he should be at Cleveland Clinic where according to a doctor friend is the place he should be for a second opinion as he seems to be unique. I live in Michigan so this trip can be accomplished.  Please give me your imput......